Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Rooney's new pay deal.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Being reported at 70 million over 5 years or 269 thousand pounds a week.
Wonder if he can plumb in a sink or reseat a tap.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I can see the price of 20 Bensons for Wayne going through three figures after this deal.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not bad given he's past his sell-buy date.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
If someone is willing to pay an amount for someone to do a job then de facto they are worth that amount, at least to the one making the payment.

He's not and the fat lazy slob dosent deserve to play for England either. He was good once apon a time, not anymore

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Ok its all a little bit mindboggling and difficult to see the 'worth', but we so conveniently overlook other top stars

It seems that $70+ million per year for film stars and for best golfers, boxers, tennis players etc is the benchmark.

All very skilled and all that but just as obscene, if thats your stance.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
It's economics, not a morale standing, that pay rates are decided upon.

Is Wayne Rooney's new contract morally wrong? Perhaps.
Is it economically wrong? No.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Personally I have more of an issue with the wages of Championship players. Let's not forget these players are quite some way down the pecking order and many are pretty ordinary to be frank yet they can sign a life changing 2-year contract which us mugs have to pay for.

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
It's a ridiculous sum to be paid but it is fuelled by fans paying £40 for replica shirts, £40/50/60/70/100+ tickets at big clubs, consuming over priced food at grounds etc etc. I don't believe it's sustainable, the bubble has to burst at some point, but in the mean time fans have to take a stand and stop paying the money because it's getting ridiculous and it's just fuelling sky high wages like this.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I wonder if it's a stick one's craw to see an out and out dunce paid such an obscene wage. We might find justice in such a weekly golden egg if someone did something so creative or astonishing to justify its birth.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
He's not and the fat lazy slob dosent deserve to play for England either. He was good once apon a time, not anymore

Do you really think that? Obviously entitled to your opinion but he was having a great season pre injury and is still such a good player. He's worth a lot to man utd commercially as well, maybe someone will prove me wrong but I'd imagine he is still on more shirts than any other player?

Just my opinion....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here