Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that you saw vs things that you missed

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Every fan has those memories, the ones they hold dearest and also their regrets, the moments they missed. What are your top 3 of each. Mine are:

Top 3 moments I saw
- 1997 Fans United, Hereford, Donny.
- Bridcutt and BZ debuts (orient and Plymouth respectively). Distinctly remember being hugely impressed by both
- Donny at the Amex. Those cinematic highlights get me going every time.

Top 3 moments I missed
- The cup final. I didn't fillow the stripes until my early teens, a couple of years too late. Doh!
- Wilkins free kick vs Ipswich. I was a student in London at the time following on Ceefax. Such drama!
- League 1 title season 2001-2002. Lived overseas and missed the whole shebang.

Hard to leave out so many other fab wins/memories. Has to leave out the McShane win ! What were yours?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The obvious games since 1988 are the hold dearly,i don't hold too many regrets,but i am so very glad i went to Gillingham-had i not had done that would have been a huge regret..

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Top 3 I saw:
Cup final 83'
Last game at Goldstone
1st game at the Amex

Top 3 I missed:
Clinching promotion to Div 1 (away to Newcastle) - was 6 at the time and mum wouldn't let me go with Dad and older brother :tantrum:
Hereford away
Play off final win versus Bristol City- work got in the way. Still gutted by that one!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Saw:
Cup final & replay
Newcastle away
First game at Falmer

Missed:
Hereford
Fans United
Chesterfield brown envelope championship winning game

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Saw
Cup final
1st Falmer game
2004 playoff final

Missed
Cup final replay
Fans united
Hereford

One game that stands out though is the Barnsley game in Nov 2011. First game I took my boy to, not sure if he'd like it but he did and now we got STs

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The obvious games since 1988 are the hold dearly,i don't hold too many regrets,but i am so very glad i went to Gillingham-had i not had done that would have been a huge regret..

Yep, but I can't think of too many top moments there. I missed the fans united game. My worst moment there was the Gabbiadini massacre.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I regret that I left the Goldstone for the last time without lingering or taking it all in. It was the Exeter game, I was off to work in Africa a week later and it only sunk in that it was my last ever game there after I'd got home.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here