Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Perhaps the Aussies are actually quite good?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Absolutely thrashed South Africa in their own back yard today. Slightly less embarrassing they thrashed us now? :banana:

'Mitch' with match figures of 12 for 127.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
To be fair, despite our own poor performance, I don't think anyone really thought that the Aussies were bad.

Not bad but Average was used a lot from plenty of people. Obviously we were still utter toilet but puts it into perspective considering they've obliterated the Saffers as well, knocking that batting line up over for 206 & 200 is very impressive.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Not bad but Average was used a lot from plenty of people. Obviously we were still utter toilet but puts it into perspective considering they've obliterated the Saffers as well, knocking that batting line up over for 206 & 200 is very impressive.

Completely agree. Doesn't absolve us of a sh*thouse performance, but I think a lot of people, me included, expected a similar Aussie performance as they gave over here. How wrong we were! Beating a poor England side at home and then putting in a solid performance against SA really goes to show how far they have rejuvenated under Lehmann.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I thought they were below average and was wrong. I was happy they selected mitch for The Gabba. i was wrong. I thought England had a few years left at the top and had time to slowly replace an aging squad. i was wrong.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Saffers usually have a very adhesive batting line up Smith,Amla and De Villiers can normally knock up 350 on their own. Maybe Mitch is a reborn super hero after all ? Hope he never realises that shaving his ridiculous face fur off he might add another yard of pace, then he'd be utterly deadly.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here