Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans man of the match

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Just watching the Man City/Chelsea game and noticed the announcement for the fans man of the match 'as voted by you'. It struck me that that is a far fairer way of deciding mom as it would avoid the wrong player being awarded it. For example Ulloa was awarded mom against Doncaster when it should have probably gone to Ince. The club could charge for a text which would make a little money although I guess it wouldn't bring in as much as via sponsorship.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just watching the Man City/Chelsea game and noticed the announcement for the fans man of the match 'as voted by you'. It struck me that that is a far fairer way of deciding mom as it would avoid the wrong player being awarded it. For example Ulloa was awarded mom against Doncaster when it should have probably gone to Ince. The club could charge for a text which would make a little money although I guess it wouldn't bring in as much as via sponsorship.
Hands up if your phone works in the stadium.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Hands up if your phone works in the stadium.

I am pretty sure that two or three phone companies would happily put their masts on site somewhere. They could even sponsor the man of match award. It would more than pay for itself.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

or do both - extra income

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There should be two MotM awards , the first given by the matchday sponsors and once this is announced open the text and social media polls for the Fans MotM.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I am pretty sure that two or three phone companies would happily put their masts on site somewhere. They could even sponsor the man of match award. It would more than pay for itself.

It's not the cell site kit, it's the cost of putting in a fibre to carry the data.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
There should be two MotM awards , the first given by the matchday sponsors and once this is announced open the text and social media polls for the Fans MotM.

There is a vote via Twitter where you can retweet your choice.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Charge 50p a text and probably a not-too-shabby money spinner.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There is a vote via Twitter where you can retweet your choice.

Isn't that post match though ? If the match is televised there could be a 3rd MotM poll , either from viewers or the pundits. As Paul Barber says , its all about the money.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here