Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Really is doing so well at Sunderland. Incredible turn around by him.

Very pleased for him.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The other threads say the same thing.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
Is it possible that you peeps would be happier posting on the Sunderland's fans forum.
Because I for one am heartily sick and tired of seeing thread after thread dedicated to Gus - and I was once one of his biggest fans.
Oscar is our manager now and I am glad. I prefer his style of football and I admire his class and I love the way he shakes the hand of each player and applauds the fans - instead of disappearing down the tunnel the moment the final whistle is blown.
Gus has gone, get over it. Time to move on, Oscar is our man now - and I am glad.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is it possible that you peeps would be happier posting on the Sunderland's fans forum.
Because I for one am heartily sick and tired of seeing thread after thread dedicated to Gus - and I was once one of his biggest fans.
Oscar is our manager now and I am glad. I prefer his style of football and I admire his class and I love the way he shakes the hand of each player and applauds the fans - instead of disappearing down the tunnel the moment the final whistle is blown.
Gus has gone, get over it. Time to move on, Oscar is our man now - and I am glad.

Well said.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne

Spot on.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm sick and tired of people going into thread after thread on topics they have no interest in, just to tell people to go elsewhere because they don't want to read it. Here's an idea: don't open a thread so obviously about the topic you have no interest in.

There are plenty of threads on here I have no interest in, I don't have any problem ignoring them, and I'm not a particularly unique individual. This isn't a skill that takes much effort, anyone can do it. This isn't me putting myself above people because I have this magic talent of ignoring the threads I have no interest in. Anyone can do it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Gus will prove-give it time,doubters totally and utterly wrong.......He is and will be a great manager.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The better Gus does the sooner he'll leave the north-east, he'll want to be up there as little time as possible...

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

Quite right

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Think he should be judged at the end of the season, I think they will still go down and won't win either cup. If that's what people call great, then fair enough. The job he is doing at Sunderland is not a patch on what Tony Pullis is doing at Palace.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Gus is a class act as a coach but without any actual class off the pitch. If he turns Sunderland around, as is looking increasingly likely, he could go all the way and manage a seriously large club. If/when that happens I am going to have the warm glow of knowing that we had him first and set him on his way.

And that's that. I'm an Oscar man now.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
I'm sick and tired of people going into thread after thread on topics they have no interest in, just to tell people to go elsewhere because they don't want to read it. Here's an idea: don't open a thread so obviously about the topic you have no interest in.

There are plenty of threads on here I have no interest in, I don't have any problem ignoring them, and I'm not a particularly unique individual. This isn't a skill that takes much effort, anyone can do it. This isn't me putting myself above people because I have this magic talent of ignoring the threads I have no interest in. Anyone can do it.

Firstly, I do not open most Gustavo Poyet threads.

Secondly and quite frankly, I do not understand the obsession some still have with Gus.

Thirdly and most importantly, I use north stand chat because of my obsession with all things Brighton and Hove Albion

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

And yet you had to comment inside a Gus thread ? As [MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION] says, if you don't like the topic then just move on.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here