Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship Fixtures this Weekend

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Just to turn people's attention briefly from the Cup, and there's a couple of important League fixtures from our POV this weekend, particularly with Ipswich today and Reading (play tomorrow). Let's hope for Blackpool and QPR wins.

Birmingham V Huddersfield
15:00 Birmingham Vs Huddersfield

Bournemouth V Burnley
15:00 Bournemouth Vs Burnley

Doncaster V Barnsley
15:00 Doncaster Vs Barnsley

Ipswich V Blackpool
15:00 Ipswich Vs Blackpool

Millwall V Bolton
15:00 Millwall Vs Bolton

Sunday 16th February 2014
QPR V Reading
15:30

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bournemouth can also do us a favour if they can beat Burnley , I also want Reading to win tomorrow because the gap to 2nd place wont widen.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Are you nuts? We have no chance of automatic, surely a heavy Reading defeat is the order of the day here?

If you take a look at the upcoming fixtures you'll see the top 10 teams are playing each other and points will be dropped all over the place. Oscar concentrates on one game at a time unlike Gus who preferred to set a points target for each month or batch of games. 2nd place can still be achieved , finishing top is nuts.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I can't see any of the top 5 blowing up

mass scramble for 6th

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
If you take a look at the upcoming fixtures you'll see the top 10 teams are playing each other and points will be dropped all over the place. Oscar concentrates on one game at a time unlike Gus who preferred to set a points target for each month or batch of games. 2nd place can still be achieved , finishing top is nuts.

Ok lets say 86 points gets you 2nd which at least one of Burnley or QPR should get then we would need 40 points from our final sixteen games which is highly unlikely bearing in mind our form and lack of goals.

I'll go as far as saying automatic promotion is an impossibility.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ok lets say 86 points gets you 2nd which at least one of Burnley or QPR should get then we would need 40 points from our final sixteen games which is highly unlikely bearing in mind our form and lack of goals.

I'll go as far as saying automatic promotion is an impossibility.

Only needs 12 1-nil wins and 4 0-0 draws :lol:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
6th is very realistic. Tecnically in our hands as Reading still to visit the AMEX. I think 1 or 2 of the other top 5 will have a bad spell and the gap will close to the chasing pack again. Aa has been said i would happily go to Forest in the final game with the destiny of the play offs in our hands

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
6th is very realistic. Tecnically in our hands as Reading still to visit the AMEX. I think 1 or 2 of the other top 5 will have a bad spell and the gap will close to the chasing pack again. Aa has been said i would happily go to Forest in the final game with the destiny of the play offs in our hands

Well there's about 6 teams chasing 6th so a 1 in 6 chance I would call slim.

Before the two 1-0 far from comfortable home wins we had 1pt from 9 on away games. We have new players getting to know each other so I think we're a team in transition and I'm looking to build for next year but take any play-off berth as a bonus.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Are you nuts? We have no chance of automatic, surely a heavy Reading defeat is the order of the day here?

Agree that automatics are out of our hands, and that the best we can do would be fifth or sixth, so yes to a Reading defeat. But in most games between the top clubs -- or, at the very least, those chasing the final play-off positions -- what we really want when they come up against each other is for them to draw. That way between them they get two points (one each), as opposed to three (three for one, none for the other).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here