Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains to london on monday night

Eastleigh Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
Not having done the trip to the amex via train before but will be on monday and need to get back up to london. Realistically whats the most likely train i will get back, and assume its back into brighton and then up the mainline? Any advice from the more experienced appreciated.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
I do this regularly for evening games and catch the 2228 from Falmer to Lewes. Arrives Lewes 2234 then catch the 2240 from Lewes to Victoria arriving London 2352

This allows a pint after the game and avoids the rush.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Haven't needed to do it myself as l live fairly locally, but have been told by many people that it is a lot easier to make the London connection at Lewes rather than Brighton, for two reasons. It is normally much easier and quicker to get on an eastbound train at Falmer, and not so far to walk at Lewes to join the London trains.

Haven't needed to do it myself as l live fairly locally, but have been told by many people that it is a lot easier to make the London connection at Lewes rather than Brighton, for two reasons. It is normally much easier and quicker to get on an eastbound train at Falmer, and not so far to walk at Lewes to join the London trains.
... and they have a habit of holding the London train at Lewes to ensure that folk can make the connection. On Tuesday, after the Leeds game, there were plenty of empty seats on the 22:40 from Lewes - which left a few minutes late.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here