Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus v Southampton in the Cup

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Having just seen Poyet gobbing off at the linesman after not getting a decision, I realised how refreshing it is to have Manager that has an element of control on the sidelines. I realise that some people like to see some passion from their manager, but just because Oscar doesn't jump up and down it does not mean he doesn't care. Out of interest what type of manager would you rather have.

Strong silent type. The current edition of WSC has an editorial regarding managers who prefer to remain in the background and eschew the "rentaquote" style. Also has a review of "Mad Man" - basically they liked it.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
a cool, calm, respectful, type of zen master type dude.......like OG.

Just wish his interviews were more interesting / gave more away.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Strong silent type. The current edition of WSC has an editorial regarding managers who prefer to remain in the background and eschew the "rentaquote" style. Also has a review of "Mad Man" - basically they liked it.

Yep. I read that. Agreed with it too. They took the view that that media was taking against Pellegrini because he doesn't serve up a diet of well rehearsed lines or goads other managers.

I am quite happy with Oscar's undemonstrative manner.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
So when GP sits calmly in his seat he is accused of sulking, when he gets animated on the side line he is criticised as well :facepalm:

Personally I prefer a manager that shows he cares - how many real fans would just sit calmly when there was a chance of a penalty shout? ???

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
1-0 Sunderland now

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
16k crowd !!! saints should be all out to win today with nothing to play for in the league.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
How many clubs left in PL with a strong cup tradition; meaning the fans still turn up for it. Spurs are one, never forget our cup game up there; fantastic atmosphere.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Southampton didn't seem to want to stay in the cup there. Very strange attitude shown by them there. Hope Hull turn up like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here