Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BT Sport (free this weekend?)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Sorry if this is fixtures or just common knowledge but I've just discovered I've got BT Sport which is showing the Saints-Sunderland game, I only have the basic Virgin Media package so they must be doing a free weekend of it :shrug:

Edit. Looks like there's about 400 people there.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Still blocked here on Sky.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
How the F do Southampton produce such good young players? The list of youngsters they've produced in recent years is beyond belief. I know they have a great established academy but still plenty of clubs do and don't get anywhere near the results of Southampton.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
How the F do Southampton produce such good young players? The list of youngsters they've produced in recent years is beyond belief. I know they have a great established academy but still plenty of clubs do and don't get anywhere near the results of Southampton.

Is Southamptons academy cat1?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Quality breeds quantity, which breeds quality.

Kids (parents) look at Walcott and The Ox, think I'll have a piece of that, obviously Southampton is the place to be.
Hopefully the London 'kids' will be looking at Ince, Bridcutt, March, JFC and Dalison and start thinking the same about The Albion.

Plus Pompey don't have an academy, and 5 years ago you're not going to Brighton or Bournemouth, irrespective of Southampton's lowly position.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Quality breeds quantity, which breeds quality.

Kids (parents) look at Walcott and The Ox, think I'll have a piece of that, obviously Southampton is the place to be.
Hopefully the London 'kids' will be looking at Ince, Bridcutt, March, JFC and Dalison and thinking the same about The Albion.

Plus Pompey don't have an academy, and 5 years ago you're not going to Brighton or Bournemouth, irrespective of Southampton's lowly position.
Agree with what you're saying and hopefully it works out like that, I guess the Southampton Academy is well established and is already Cat 1 I believe that so could/should well still be a pull in their favour. I'm not expecting our academy to start producing immediately but hopefully in a couple of years we should see the players starting to come through.

Edit. You can add Monakana to that list too.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If it isn't then we'll not need to worry about premiership clubs with Cat 1 status coming to our academy and poaching our brightest youngsters for peanuts.

Just had a look and it is a Cat 1, so as per EPPP doesn't that mean they, along with others, could just help themselves to any players that look promising?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If you have the TV XL package it would appear to be included according the VM web site.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I downgraded from XL to L cause I found I wasn't getting much use out of channels like Home and Health +2.

This crowd, even with the mitigating factors considered, is embarrassing.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Can't believe how empty it is at Sunderland

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here