Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton half marathon tomorrow

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I have a spare entry and want to do it but it has a woman's name at the top and i'm a 6 foot 4 bald male so not sure if I will get away with Jacqueline on my vest. Although it is Brighton so maybe they won't bat an eyelid.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
The route includes a run past the promenade between the Lagoon and Peace Statue which is going to be impossible bearing in mind the promenade is full of pebbles and shingle.

Take a look at the picture on the Beach Hut thread and you will see what I mean.

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
Have just checked the BHM facebook page and after this morning's high tide there are plans in place to clear the route.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I have a spare entry and want to do it but it has a woman's name at the top and i'm a 6 foot 4 bald male so not sure if I will get away with Jacqueline on my vest. Although it is Brighton so maybe they won't bat an eyelid.

Just use a black marker pen to cover in. Mine says Samantha.... Not no more!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Don't worry. Because of the female spelling of my name I got lumped in with the ladies in a marathon a few years back. Had to use their locker areas and run with a big F on my chest. I ran a reasonable time; so having to change with the fitter end of the ladies post-race was my reward.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Yes, I'm running tomorrow.

Interested to find out if it is Runners Worlds Most Improved Race of last year.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
1:45 or under stretch goal
sub 1:50 realistic.

Although I have the feeling I'm starting to come down with a virus/cold as shaky and shivery at the moment.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
I loved it two years ago even though it was accidentally longer than a normal half marathon distance.

Cambridge Half for me this year after doing both Brighton and Cambridge within three weeks in 2012. Training has been poor and my love of biscuits and crisps hasn't helped this year.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Pebbles aside, perfect running conditions weather-wise tomorrow morning. Have a good one everybody!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Really pleased with my time of 1hr 43 and 43 minutes, not ideal preparation as went to a gig in North London last night and couldn't resist a beer. Weather was perfect and the course was well prepared and organised, considering the recent weather.

I reckon the course was about 13.25 miles as my Garmin didn't find a GPS signal for the first minute or so.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/446003922

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here