Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mexican Drug Lord's home raided.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
A Mexican Drug lord has had his home raided by police. What they found is staggering.

http://imgur.com/a/DYU2e

"The money and valuables found in this one house alone, would be enough to pay for health insurance for every man woman and child in the USA for 12 years!
It is estimated to be approximately 27 more of these houses in Mexico alone. Not to mention the ones in other countries who are enriching themselves in the drug trade. These people have so much money, they make the Arab oil sheiks look like welfare recipients. Their money can buy politicians, cops, judges, whatever they need they just throw down stacks of cash and it is theirs! This is why the drug problem is so difficult to fight."

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Bloody hell! All that cash! You'd be proper pissed off if you had a house fire.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The "War on Drugs" is just an exercise in futility when you see the kind of rewards on offer. The only way to stop bad men getting rich is to stop demand.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
Bloody hell! All that cash! You'd be proper pissed off if you had a house fire.

You certainly would be pissed off to see 22 billion dollars go up in smoke, I wouldn't be too pleased to see the police confiscate it either.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I wonder how much money there was before the photos were taken?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Don't understand why they want so much money. I'd take a Billion and retire as they must realize that sooner or later they're going to get caught.

View attachment 51291

The money just shows how we've got drug policy so totally wrong. The people at the top of the chain have got so much, they can't give it away. Imagine how many schools and hospitals could have been built with that dollar? People want to take drugs, why do we let bad people get rich supplying them?

Also you don't "retire" from the Mexican drug cartel!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
That's the biggest problem with too much illegally made money, you cannot spend it and you cannot bank it. The only thing that it can be used for is making more illegal money or using it as a bed.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
The money just shows how we've got drug policy so totally wrong. The people at the top of the chain have got so much, they can't give it away. Imagine how many schools and hospitals could have been built with that dollar? People want to take drugs, why do we let bad people get rich supplying them?

Also you don't "retire" from the Mexican drug cartel!

And think how much money governments could save as well if they legalized drugs, probably the same.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Maybe the Mexican Police should be given 20% of any illegal cash and property and the rest should go back in to the economy.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
And think how much money governments could save as well if they legalized drugs, probably the same.

And I know it's not a simple question and requires a lot of thought and planning but this is an area where we let emotion and perception completely get in the way of reality. There are drug addicts now, there will allways be drug addicts. Surely a better way would be to offer treatment for them funded though the sale of drugs rather than bury our heads in the sand. I don't actually see the supply of drugs as an "evil" thing, it's just we let evil people do it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And I know it's not a simple question and requires a lot of thought and planning but this is an area where we let emotion and perception completely get in the way of reality. There are drug addicts now, there will allways be drug addicts. Surely a better way would be to offer treatment for them funded though the sale of drugs rather than bury our heads in the sand. I don't actually see the supply of drugs as an "evil" thing, it's just we let evil people do it.

Without going too deep, the one legal drug that is freely available and regulated by the government causes enough problems healthwise and crimewise as it is. So many laws and rules are in place to control and regulate that. It would need a huge raft of rules and regs to control the wide range of drug types that are available, so many that it can't work. Besides, there would always be a market for cheaper illegally made drugs so we would soon be back at square one.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Arse, I guess the price of charlie is now going to rise?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's probably the chief of Police's house anyway.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here