Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gales really getting up a head of steam

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
getting very blowy here in Littlehampton

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nnot really that bad. Much worse earlier in the week, St Georges Channel buoy recorded a gust of 78 mph Wednesday.... today a piffling 47mph. have a look.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I thought I saw return of the revs underpants blow past our back door just now! One gust and the large pants blew from Haywards Heath to West Hoathly in no time at all. I feel sorry for wherever they land! Its rather gusty up here in mid sussex.

Yoda

English & European

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Odd, as I know it's nowhere near as strong as some of the storms we've had recently, but it does sound disconcertingly loud from where I'm sat right now.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Well tile just flew off the roof and smashed into my conservatory so can say it is fairly gusty out there!

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Living in Mile Oak then, looked like a war zone in the morning, Old Vilaage was completely blocked by fallen trees. Sounds bloody blowey tonight. Will be sleeping downstairs one thinks.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Very windy in BN22, sounds worse than the other day for sure, expected to get worse early tomorrow too - the 5AM drive to work might well be a bit of a slalom course.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Tis v blowy in deepest darkest LA. I'm not even by the coast so lord knows what its like on the seafront!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Odd, as I know it's nowhere near as strong as some of the storms we've had recently, but it does sound disconcertingly loud from where I'm sat right now.

I think it may be the biggest one to hit the Sussex coast recently, but less powerful than others elsewhere in recent days/weeks.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Haywards Heath checking in. The winds seem stronger tonight than they have for some time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here