Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A young womans twitter account, from beginning to end...

brightonbutterfly

Feb 18, 2009
Southwick
Wow indeed. Just don't go looking up glioblastoma multiform-it wrecks the lives of everyone it comes into contact with. It takes so many-young and old, it is one of the most vile cancers there is.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Stunning, brings it all back home

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
It's extremely sad isn't it? Don't think it needs the music either - the contrast between the mundane daily stuff we all tweet about and then the shift to the truly awful news that follows is affecting in itself. Very moving (and I'm an old cynic).

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
My missus has a malignant brain tumour. Had first op in March 09, had a second op last November, and is back already. Nasty B*stards these are........

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Sorry to hear that. Words seems empty, but keep fighting the good fight, the pair of you.

Cheers BoF.
We are lucky, we are still here to fight, not like this poor girl.

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
And keep fighting it too!!! Good luck with whatever treatment your wife will be having next.

Thanks for your words of support BBF.

Its a second round of chemo next, then its fingers crossed that science will come up trumps. I heard today, on Radio 5, that there is some hope with regard to injecting a virus to attack the cancerous cells and promote the bodys' own imune system into fighting the cancer......heres hoping.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I lost a friend of mine on Monday to brain cancer, and another friend of mine passed away in December 2012 from the same. Neither were operable or treatable, RTSP, it sounds like your missus has an opportunity, hope it goes well.

These people do a lot of work to support, http://www.brainstrust.org.uk

brightonbutterfly

Feb 18, 2009
Southwick
Thanks for your words of support BBF.

Its a second round of chemo next, then its fingers crossed that science will come up trumps. I heard today, on Radio 5, that there is some hope with regard to injecting a virus to attack the cancerous cells and promote the bodys' own imune system into fighting the cancer......heres hoping.

You're more than welcome. If you have FB, it's worth following The Brain Tumour Charity (if you don't already) and the Mac site is a great place to sound off (either your wife or any of your family). Good luck and lets hope they get these trials up and running asap.

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
I lost a friend of mine on Monday to brain cancer, and another friend of mine passed away in December 2012 from the same. Neither were operable or treatable, RTSP, it sounds like your missus has an opportunity, hope it goes well.

These people do a lot of work to support, http://www.brainstrust.org.uk

Sorry to hear that SP. My sincere condolencies.

Mrs RTSP has her own Mac nurse, and I have to say she is bloomin marvelous (as they all are I would imagine). And the Brainstrust have been really good too.
It does feel that we are swimming against the tide a bit at times, but at least we are still able to swim.....this poor girl never had that oppurtnity and my heart goes out to her family and friends.
Keep the faith is our motto.......you never know what is round the corner.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Life can make you stop and think sometimes, not often enough though.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm a right sucker for these sort of things :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here