Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In regards to supporting Brighton - what do you care more about this season?

In regards to supporting Brighton - what do you care more about this season?

• Promotion to the PL

Votes: 35 24.6%
  • Winning the FA Cup

Votes: 47 33.1%
  • Not bothered if we don't get promoted or win the FA Cup - next season we will be stronger

Votes: 60 42.3%

• Total voters

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
This crop of youngsters developing into the important first team players that'll stay for years

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Leaving aside the probability of either event occurring, the answer surely has to be the Cup on the basis we're more likely to have a better crack at the Prem next season.

If we make the last 8 the other teams left are likely to be Everton, Forest, Arsenal, Sunderland, Cardiff, Sheff Wed and Man City. Even if Liverpool and Chelsea win away from home there will still be 3 big teams and 4 'meh' teams left in the draw, and then you're just one game from Wembley.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Why not go for both ?

For that reason, I am abstaining.

5b00908f6e56628f55d9391af2088fcd65935667b3c76feb53d24af28dceaf32.jpg

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I can't vote for any of those.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Have we done this before? Just asking.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I can't say any of them. I simply don't care enough about getting to the Prem - paying through the nose for the pleasure of watching us desperately trying to fight against the bonkers money teams that would be around us, away fixtures being rearranged to midweek for TV at the drop of a hat, all the time desperately clinging to the hope for a mouldy 1-0 win away to West Brom to retain a status of perennial try-hards in lower mid-table. There are scattered morons booing when we lose a couple on the bounce in this league, imagine what it would be like getting beaten most weeks at the top level, I think I'd end up killing myself it would be so depressing. Realistically we're not going to win the FA Cup either - as much as the child in me dares to dream, there's still a long way to go. Although that may all come across as negative I'm generally quite enjoying the Championship, it's an interesting league, way more fun than the Prem as it's so open and unpredictable. I know TB wants Prem football, and so do countless others, but if we go nowhere for a few years it really wouldn't upset me. Seeing the likes of Solly March run rings around Massive Leeds United puts a far greater smile on my face than scraping an undeserved point away to Aston Villa on a Tuesday night.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
I can't say any of them. I simply don't care enough about getting to the Prem - paying through the nose for the pleasure of watching us desperately trying to fight against the bonkers money teams that would be around us, away fixtures being rearranged to midweek for TV at the drop of a hat, all the time desperately clinging to the hope for a mouldy 1-0 win away to West Brom to retain a status of perennial try-hards in lower mid-table. There are scattered morons booing when we lose a couple on the bounce in this league, imagine what it would be like getting beaten most weeks at the top level, I think I'd end up killing myself it would be so depressing. Realistically we're not going to win the FA Cup either - as much as the child in me dares to dream, there's still a long way to go. Although that may all come across as negative I'm generally quite enjoying the Championship, it's an interesting league, way more fun than the Prem as it's so open and unpredictable. I know TB wants Prem football, and so do countless others, but if we go nowhere for a few years it really wouldn't upset me. Seeing the likes of Solly March run rings around Massive Leeds United puts a far greater smile on my face than scraping an undeserved point away to Aston Villa on a Tuesday night.

:thumbsup:Spot on. Still wouldnt mind winning the FA Cup though.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Nice if we win something, that's what the aim is I guess. What's the point otherwise we might as well be in the Ryman League if we don't care.
But more important to me is retaining and building on the fabulous infrastructure the club are are working on.
I'm a happy Seagull with regard to the way things are heading this season.:thumbsup:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Leaving aside the probability of either event occurring, the answer surely has to be the Cup on the basis we're more likely to have a better crack at the Prem next season.

If we make the last 8 the other teams left are likely to be Everton, Forest, Arsenal, Sunderland, Cardiff, Sheff Wed and Man City. Even if Liverpool and Chelsea win away from home there will still be 3 big teams and 4 'meh' teams left in the draw, and then you're just one game from Wembley.

Would fancy it at home against half those sides so 50% chance of wembley if get past hull

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Great post

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Got to agree with you here, good post.
I would like a trip to Wembley this season though.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I can't see the poll as on Tapatalk but we will see where the club's priorities are on Monday, and I suspect it's not the cup.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
One season in the Premiership, then get the parachute payments and everyone will be happy. I personally would love one season back in the top division, but would hate the cost of match tickets and Monday evening away games etc etc.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I voted FA Cup, but I can't imagine the euphoria will ever match our previous exploits.

The promotion may well excite some - the actual game may well excite me - but I'm non plus when it comes to reaching the promised land.

Winning the FA Cup would be great, but it has been devalued. Certainly since Portsmouth decided to shell out for it. That's unfair. It's been purchased for years.

I'd rather zoom back a decade or two and watch a top quality game without having to take out a Wonga loan and gift a load of single-skilled drongoes an early retirement.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
If it meant we were guaranteed to achieve one, FA cup. But we are not so, best option is probably build for the future. Would love a cup run though...

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Where's the Rohan Ince to receive a late call up to the England squad and score the winner in the final vs Brazil option?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here