Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion 9th in wage table & 7th in losses table last season

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have been VERY bored today. Suspect we could drop down the table as some clubs have not yet published their numbers.

The figures in brackets next to the club name are the league positions.

Wages Championship Table.jpg

Losses Championship Table.jpg

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Someone dig out a Poyet-special 'smallest budget in the league' quote please, I fancy a good laugh.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Are those figures that take into account player sales accurate? I imagine those fee's are paid out in installments, often over the course of the player's contract.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Quite suprising how high up we are on the wages column.

Especially to be level with Birmingham, who at this time were paying the likes of Zigic £70k a week, and more than DOUBLE Watfords total wage bill.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Someone dig out a Poyet-special 'smallest budget in the league' quote please, I fancy a good laugh.

Is that the entire clubs wage bill, or just for the players? Poyet suggested our players wage budget was low didn't he?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Bolton look to be financially screwed. £50M loss. very unlikley to get in to Prem soon, higest players wage and not performing on pitch. Portsmouth Mk2, going to drop the leagues like a stone without major changes.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Watford's wages are artificially low, aren't they, due to loanee's parent clubs (owned by the same company as WFC but not subject to FFP) paying their wages?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Is that the entire clubs wage bill, or just for the players? Poyet suggested our players wage budget was low didn't he?

(a) how would he know? (b) do you still believe him?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
In fact, the fact that Wolves' wages are only slightly higher than ours Is pretty worrying.

Given that Ward is supposedly on 25k a week, Doyle on 40, the likes of O'Hara, Sakho, James Henry etc all earning big wages means some of our players may well be on a lot more than people on here believe.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
21M a year in wages = £403,846 K per week. That's much higher than I expected. Does that include the wages of the likes of Barber?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I have been VERY bored today. Suspect we could drop down the table as some clubs have not yet published their numbers.

The figures in brackets next to the club name are the league positions.

View attachment 51269

View attachment 51270

So recently Ex-Premier League teams Bolton, Blackburn and Wolves have losses of £50m, £36.5m and £33.1m respectively? Wow, it really IS the promised land then, isn't it? ???

Remind me why so many fans are so desperate that get promotion, ASAP?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
(a) how would he know? (b) do you still believe him?

He wanted better players, and the club said he couldn't have them because the club wasn't prepared to finance them hence he came out with the "hitting the ceiling" comment (didn't Tony Bloom tell us as much in an interview last year?).

I would have thought he would have a good idea what players are asking for, and what they are being paid, and therefore he would have an idea why a player might choose not to have signed for the club, I would imagine he would also put forward his case for a player. At the time he said things that painted the club in a bad light regarding money and wages, then we failed to sign players like Grabban, who blamed it on wages, Barnes went tor Burnley FFS for more money, and we couldn't tempt Bridge, yet Reading could.

I believe what the club say to a degree when they say they will not capitulate and pay more than the budget will allow, therefore it's not such a leap of faith to believe that what Poyet said at the time was true.

Ultimately we will not ever find out the precise facts, anyone who says they do know must work for the club, or a player, and they are not going to disclose such sensitive information.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Quite suprising how high up we are on the wages column.

Especially to be level with Birmingham, who at this time were paying the likes of Zigic £70k a week, and more than DOUBLE Watfords total wage bill.

Weren't most of Watford's players on loan ? Paid for by the Italian club?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
21M a year in wages = £403,846 K per week. That's much higher than I expected. Does that include the wages of the likes of Barber?

Yep. It includes all permanent staff (average 239 through the year) and all part-time staff employed on match days (572).

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Weren't most of Watford's players on loan ? Paid for by the Italian club?

Wasn't that last season? Watfords figures state they were for 2011/12... off the top of my head they hadn't had the influx of Grenada and Udinese players by then? I may be wrong.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here