Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS: Departure in the Summer?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I can't really see CMS fitting into Oscars future plans at all, I think it will be the same situation as Tommy Elphick.

Club are supportive whilst the player is in rehabilitation but obviously moving on in getting positions covered. I think we will want to try and get a reasonable fee for him and cut our losses.

Does anyone else think he will figure seriously in Oscars first full pre-season?

I'm also looking at this from a financial point of view as he must be one of the high earners at the club.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You're just making that up.

How can we know if he fits in, until he is actually available and gets picked (or not)?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I think he needs to be allowed to run about for a bit before any decision is made.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So we have three fit strikers, including one who is on loan and a second with a contract until the end of the season, I hardly see that as "getting the position covered"

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Fair point, he does running about quite well.it's hard to tell whether he will. come back firing on all cylinders after such a long lay off

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
So we have three fit strikers, including one who is on loan and a second with a contract until the end of the season, I hardly see that as "getting the position covered"

Plans were obviously underway re Gabban and others. I would assume that other more financially effective solutions are being worked on. I doubt many people would have thought Barnes would be gone by now at the start of this season.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Fair point, he does running about quite well.it's hard to tell whether he will. come back firing on all cylinders after such a long lay off

Agreed. He's never going to be a Premiership striker, and with Peterborough and us he hasn't exactly set the Championship on fire. Now coming back from a serious injury, is he really going to be able to improve to become a feared striker? I think not.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I'm still fairly surprised we didn't let him out on loan to regain sharpness with the position at least temporarily covered and wouldn't be surprised if he did go out on loan as he gets closer to full fitness

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Well I'm not stating it as fact. It's an opinion!!

I think it was so far out of leftfield that he thought it was your opinion you were making up!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Love the way we talk our players out of the club without the slightest shred of evidence. So far this week it has been Ullou, LuaLua and now CMS.

Still it worked with Barnes.......... :shrug:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
He'll get a chance but I think but in all seriousness, if someone were prepared to offer us a decent fee for him, we'd be mad to not consider it. He's getting on, a high earner & coming off a serious injury.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I can't really see CMS fitting into Oscars future plans at all, I think it will be the same situation as Tommy Elphick.

Club are supportive whilst the player is in rehabilitation but obviously moving on in getting positions covered. I think we will want to try and get a reasonable fee for him and cut our losses.

Does anyone else think he will figure seriously in Oscars first full pre-season?

I'm also looking at this from a financial point of view as he must be one of the high earners at the club.

Eh!? I think he WILL fit in, but neither us know now. I feel CMS is FAR, FAR more suited to Oscar's style when compared with Gus' one.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Plans were obviously underway re Gabban and others. I would assume that other more financially effective solutions are being worked on. I doubt many people would have thought Barnes would be gone by now at the start of this season.

Barnes wanted to leave, refused to sign a new contract. At the start of the season, I fully expected him to be gone in Jan. Now, CMS is another kettle of fish altogether.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Agreed. He's never going to be a Premiership striker, and with Peterborough and us he hasn't exactly set the Championship on fire. Now coming back from a serious injury, is he really going to be able to improve to become a feared striker? I think not.

CMS 11 in 29
Barnes 6 in 24

CMS was doing well before he was crocked. We'll see.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm still fairly surprised we didn't let him out on loan to regain sharpness with the position at least temporarily covered and wouldn't be surprised if he did go out on loan as he gets closer to full fitness

I'm not surprised at all. We (correctly) wanted full control of the latter stages of his rehabilitation.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He'll get a chance but I think but in all seriousness, if someone were prepared to offer us a decent fee for him, we'd be mad to not consider it. He's getting on, a high earner & coming off a serious injury.

I prefer to see how he does under OG. AND can't see a big bid coming in.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
It's quite clear to everyone you're thinking up your own opinions!

:lolol:

Isn't that what people normally do with opinions?

And I think the OP has some misguided ones - opinions, that is.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here