Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have ever been scoped ?

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I work in a service repair Center fixing medical equipment, mainly endoscopes. I do em all, surgical or medical to go inside all orifices natural of man made. I repair them but I don't know or have come across anybody that's had endoscopy treatment.
Have any of you fine people ever had it done and what was the experience like? You never know you may have had one repaired by my own fair hands rammed up your back passage :)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I work in a service repair Center fixing medical equipment, mainly endoscopes. I do em all, surgical or medical to go inside all orifices natural of man made. I repair them but I don't know or have come across anybody that's had endoscopy treatment.
Have any of you fine people ever had it done and what was the experience like? You never know you may have had one repaired by my own fair hands rammed up your back passage :)

I've had an endoscopy twice into my stomach via the mouth, on separate occasions. The first time in about 1995 and the tube was about as thick as a hose pipe. I only had the antiseptic spray, and I've got to say seeing a huge black hose coming out of my mouth and feeling the end of it scrape around in my stomach was not pleasant.

The second time was about 2003, and the pipe had become a lot thinner and I was much more mentally prepared. It was still deeply uncomfortable, but I handled it much better.

On both occasions I'd vomited blood (obviously a concern), but it was found I'd split my esophagus on each occasion, probably by the force of the vomit (nice).

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I've not but I have a friend (yes, a friend) that had to have his penis scoped as he was suffering with blockage. He said the worst bit wasn't the implement being shoved down his cockeye, it was the needle in the bellend. Yes, he was awake.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I've had an endoscopy twice into my stomach via the mouth, on separate occasions. The first time in about 1995 and the tube was about as thick as a hose pipe. I only had the antiseptic spray, and I've got to say seeing a huge black hose coming out of my mouth and feeling the end of it scrape around in my stomach was not pleasant.

The second time was about 2003, and the pipe had become a lot thinner and I was much more mentally prepared. It was still deeply uncomfortable, but I handled it much better.

On both occasions I'd vomited blood (obviously a concern), but it was found I'd split my esophagus on each occasion, probably by the force of the vomit (nice), which was actually a far better outcome then finding an ulcer.
oesophageal varices ( varicose veins in the oesophagus).....common in alkies or sniff merchants due to high blood pressure..........:whistle:

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
I've not been scoped, but I have had a catheter. The nurse went to get the kit to do it, and came back with her reading glasses on, which i thought was a bit rude.

A few days later another nurse caught the tube with her knee as she walked past my bed. Now that did hurt!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
oesophageal varices ( varicose veins in the oesophagus).....common in alkies or sniff merchants due to high blood pressure..........:whistle:

Nice, thanks Doc. Around 1995 was a great couple of years of being largely inebriated I must admit!

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Cystoscopy a couple of years back, when I was only 19. Age it seems is no object when it comes to having a dickie bladder.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I work in a service repair Center fixing medical equipment, mainly endoscopes.

Small world. One of the companies I'm involved with designs medical equipment, including endoscopes, for start-ups and the big boys (J&J & Covidien for example). Pretty good chance you've repaired scopes that my lot designed.

I've never been on the receiving end, but my father was just yesterday to confirm that his bladder cancer had really gone away - thankfully, it has.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I've had a colonoscopy a couple of times (not needed now as I don't have a colon!). Not a great experience but then I was so ill at the time everything was pretty dreadful. When recovering from one of my ops I had a catheter removed but my bladder refused to behave itself so the pressure just built up and up which was unbelievably painful until they put a new catheter in with no anaesthetic! Not a happy time all round.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Had an endoscopy last Friday at Worthing Hospital. Not a pleasant procedure - at least if you opt for the spray rather than the sedative as I did, but it's over in about 10 mins.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I have had the lot
worst was Sigmoidascope (s)
and Tuesday an Angiogram does that count

edit sorry the Colonoscopy (s)
was the worst I opted for the gas and air .....................................wrong

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Due to a family history of ulcers, yes. Both ends one after the other, absolutely nothing found. Got given the dose of midazolam for a far smaller person by the looks of things as I can remember the entire fecking process and I felt normal, if absolutely starving, within about 60 minutes.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I've not but I have a friend (yes, a friend) that had to have his penis scoped as he was suffering with blockage. He said the worst bit wasn't the implement being shoved down his cockeye, it was the needle in the bellend. Yes, he was awake.

When you're working on them day after day you don't really think about what procedure they're used for. But I must admit when I see the urethra scopes it makes me wince. Especially when they come in with the accessory's & that bloody needle

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
When you're working on them day after day you don't really think about what procedure they're used for. But I must admit when I see the urethra scopes it makes me wince. Especially when they come in with the accessory's & that bloody needle

And I forgot, in the last 2 years I've had 7 cystoscopies, 6 under generals and a flexible one under local. The flexible cystoscopy was a decidedly, er, "uncomfortable" exprrience

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I had one up my ARSE last year, weird watching it on TV as they do it

Yes, I think we were all surprised that they broadcast it before the 9 o'clock watershed.

Still, they did mostly film your best side....

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I've had a colonoscopy and though it ain't too pleasant to have that thing stuck up your arse the laughing gas made up for it several times over. I tripped out and had a whale of a time
in fact he could probably have shoved a telegraph pole up there and I wouldn't have noticed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here