Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Mitchell Johnson....is now demolishing South Africa!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Looks like we well and truly gave him his mojo back.

7-68 helping to skittle out SA for 206 in first innings.

Aussie lead 300, with only 1 second innings wicket down.

And all this in South Africa!

Looks like Aussies well and truly back unfortunately.

D

Deleted member 18477

Bloody Mitchell Johnson! I can't wait till he retires already! Waaaaah!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Enjoy it while you can - there are very few fast bowlers around these day (as opposed to fastish such as the English mob), especially lefties.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
I wonder what his career figures would look like if he hadn't had that to the left to the right phase. Have to say that I grudgingly admire the way he has turned his career around. Git.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
353 ahead now, still for loss of only 1 second innings wicket. Batsmen also doing their bit- Marsh 148 and Smith 100 in first innings, and Warner (boo) with an unbeaten hundred in the second.

All in all making the No 1 test side in the world look very ordinary at home, and doesn't look to be long before Cons will overtake them.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Maybe we're not so bad after all - come back KP, come back Andy Flower all is forgiven!

In all seriousness, this must be deja vu for South Africa. His bowling over there in 2008 or early 2009 (I can't remember exactly when it was) was some of the most frightening I've witnessed in recent years. He broke Graham Smith's hand very badly.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've been watching this. As well as Johnson, Warner is again scoring big and quickly, 109 off 135 balls. Lead 374 Aus 183-1. That said said SA if they buckle down are capable of batting for 2 days and the pitch looks flatter today than it did for the previous 2.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Given his bowling action, Johnson is always going to be prone to spray it around. He has a round arm action and his wrist position can be be poor. He is a completely different bowler when it all works together.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Yup, SA are making England look quite good.....:)

As someone mentioned above, though, SA has something England doesn't at present- the backbone/gumption to bat out for a long time on a flat track, particularly if one man team... I mean Amla, is up for it.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
As someone mentioned above, though, SA has something England doesn't at present- the backbone/gumption to bat out for a long time on a flat track, particularly if one man team... I mean Amla, is up for it.

This is true, although the way Smith, Petersen and du Plessis got out in the first innings, it was apparent that they had not paid attention to the Ashes at all and got a bit of a shock. De Villiers batted brilliantly though.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
479 ahead with 7 wickets remaining, stumps on day three.

So when do they declare? 2 whole days to go, flat pitch and several matchwinners in SA side if Johnson doesn't do the same damage in the second.

Throw the bat for an hour/550 ahead in morning?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Dennis Lillee took him under his wing and gave him his mojo back.
He is not the sharpest tool in the box and listening to him being interviewed is quite amusing.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
SA missing their talisman,while one man doesnt make a cricket team,Kallis leaves one hell of a hole.

Think that over exaggerates his importance, whilst not questioning his contribution. SA still No 1 after all without him!

Bowling wise Steyne and Philander prolific and batting Amla and De Villiers phenomenal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here