Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Gray & Adam Virgo

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Good for him.

Always comes across well, and seems like a decent bloke too.

I think he could do well in the media, and not just when we're on. There seem to be a plethora of ex players on SSN at games these days, and I'm sure Virgo would be as good, if not better than many of those.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Andy Gray doing the Arsenal v Liverpool co commentator on BT Sunday and Adam Virgo co commentator for the Albion match on BT Monday, nice to see Adam Virgo getting on with his new role

He's been coaching the youngsters at BHA, good coach and really encourages them.

D

Deleted member 18477

Get in Andy Gray! He's gonna smash it! Shame Keys isn't around too to help Jake Humpreys out in the studio!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
He actually knows what he is talking about though - much prefer Andy Gray over Michael Owen !!

I'm sorry but after he said something along the lines of him doubting Messi being able to do what he does on a cold Tuesday at Stoke he lost all credibility. Basically he's another football dinosaur.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I have to laugh when Virgs criticises our players for not passing well or having a good touch though, when I remember how Hoddle like he was when he played.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
He actually knows what he is talking about though - much prefer Andy Gray over Michael Owen !!

Shows the standard of football punditry in this country if Gray is considered good.

The biggest reason he's made a career in punditry is because of his voice and delivery. He offers absolutely nothing in terms of tactical insight or analysis beyond the obvious (i.e. stuff the average fan can see).

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Attachments

• Virgs.JPG
    Virgs.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 732

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Shows the standard of football punditry in this country if Gray is considered good.

The biggest reason he's made a career in punditry is because of his voice and delivery. He offers absolutely nothing in terms of tactical insight or analysis beyond the obvious (i.e. stuff the average fan can see).

Funny because that's what most fans want, keep it simple.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Exclusive preview of Gray's commentary on the weekend

"Ozil sees Giroud and says 'Go on son, you take that' so Giroud says 'Ok I will'. Game over, and I hate saying that."

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I caught a bit of Halifax v Chester last night, and he was commentating. He seemed to think one player pushing another one off the pitch in order to get the ball was OK. Bit of an odd comment, but overall I think he's pretty good. As long as it's not Michael Owen for the Hull game, I don't mind…

Edit: Wrong team.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU

Is it? I'd rather hear the commentator team tell me something I hadn't already noticed myself. They're meant to be experts - I'd like to hear something that represents their supposed expertise, not a blindingly obvious observation.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Yep simple and perceptive, as opposed to Gray's simple and obvious.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Is it? I'd rather hear the commentator team tell me something I hadn't already noticed myself. They're meant to be experts - I'd like to hear something that represents their supposed expertise, not a blindingly obvious observation.

Football is a simple game, and the vast majority of it is clear for fans to see. Are you telling me that if we are losing a game, that you need a commentator to tell you where we are going wrong. I think most fans can see what goes wrong, in what areas where it went wrong and what needs to be done to improve it. Most commentators can not agree themselves, especially when it comes to penalty shouts. I do not think Man U fans need to be told where it is going wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here