Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rod Wood

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Just thought I would let the people who know and have watched Rod Wood play football in his time in the County League and also have had the pleasure of working and drinking with him, that he has had a Massive Heart Attack and is currently in ICU in Worthing Hospital:down::down:

Get well soon Woody !!:clap::clap::clap:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Get well soon Rod. Went to school with him. Good lad.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
played against him many times - what a character. Wish him well.

Jul 7, 2003
You've missed out those who have seen him strip :blush:

Get well soon Rod

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Was he the fella that made the Sunday papers cos he was knocking off some woman in Westminster?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
he once got booked for running off the pitch and peeing in the bushes

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Good story about him, Steve Guille and a courgette 15 minutes before Littlehamptons big FA vase day. Let's hope he gets better.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Good story about him, Steve Guille and a courgette 15 minutes before Littlehamptons big FA vase day. Let's hope he gets better.

i know these two Steve would be late 40's went to st.andrews in worthing (wasn't he a goalie), Rod a bit older and a Durrington lad .....is it the same bloke?........get well soon anyway.!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
i know these two Steve would be late 40's went to st.andrews in worthing (wasn't he a goalie), Rod a bit older and a Durrington lad .....is it the same bloke?........get well soon anyway.!

They both played up front Sydney. Rod is 51 or 52 and Steve is 50. Steve has a couple of bars in Brighton. Steve did go to St Andrews but Rod went to Chatsmore. Good players both of them.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
They both played up front Sydney. Rod is 51 or 52 and Steve is 50. Steve has a couple of bars in Brighton. Steve did go to St Andrews but Rod went to Chatsmore. Good players both of them.

Didn't realise Steve was a St Andrews boy. I don't remember him being there but I suppose he probably bunked off most of the time...unlike me (ahem).

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

ahh..!! i'm 47 .... i played with a David Guille from the Broadwater area , sheridain road i think.....we played west sussex rep u 14'- u 17 then booze kicked in.

did you know Roger Poole...?

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Bloody hell, just seen on Facebook, only saw him in the gym a couple of weeks back. Played football with him over the years, superb player and character, too many wonderful stories to share, I hope and pray he is going to be ok.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
ahh..!! i'm 47 .... i played with a David Guille from the Broadwater area , sheridain road i think.....we played west sussex rep u 14'- u 17 then booze kicked in.

did you know Roger Poole...?

I knew Roger Poole - terrible what happened to him. I also knew his brother Nigel - was in the same year at school as him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here