Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you personally know any ex-Albion players?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Occasionally, I see threads where people mention various former Brighton players that they personally know. For example, quite a lot of people seem to know Teddy Maybank, Gary Williams, Andy Rollings and Peter O'Sullivan, as they are very sociable and still kicking it around these parts, long after their careers have ended.

From memory, I think various NSCers know Pat Hilton, Peter Ward, Tony Vessey, Mick Conway and Steve Piper.

Anyway, in the interest of establishing connections, I'd like to see who knows who. From a personal level, I might be interested in trying to get an interview with some of them, either for my blog or for Viva Brighton magazine, which interviews an ex-Brighton player each month. I guess other people might have their own reasons for getting into contact.

(Of course, and I hope it ought to be able to go without saying, please don't post anything like mobile numbers or addresses here!)

Thanks!

Dec 19, 2011
Hove
Occasionally, I see threads where people mention various former Brighton players that they personally know. For example, quite a lot of people seem to know Teddy Maybank, Gary Williams, Andy Rollings and Peter O'Sullivan, as they are very sociable and still kicking it around these parts, long after their careers have ended.

From memory, I think various NSCers know Pat Hilton, Peter Ward, Tony Vessey, Mick Conway and Steve Piper.

Anyway, in the interest of establishing connections, I'd like to see who knows who. From a personal level, I might be interested in trying to get an interview with some of them, either for my blog or for Viva Brighton magazine, which interviews an ex-Brighton player each month. I guess other people might have their own reasons for getting into contact.

(Of course, and I hope it ought to be able to go without saying, please don't post anything like mobile numbers or addresses here!)

Thanks!

Lots of people seem to know the likes of Gary Hart and Kerry Mayo as they still live in the area

Last edited:

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Danny Cullip.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Slightly OT....my wife has in the past 2 weeks befriended the sister of Alex South, she is in her 80's now and did the Amex tour last year. They met, by chance, via the MyBrighton&Hove website when she was looking for old school class mates. I remember Alex as a tall, fair haired centre half in the same squad as Eric Gill, Des Tennent, Frankie Howard et all. Small world....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Mark Ormerod. He used to lodge at our house.

I played Sunday League with Maybank and Nelson. Would be a stretch to say I 'know them personally' now, mind. Not met either of them in 20 years!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Virgs. Top bloke.

I've met quite a few of them and the only one I didnt like was Dean Hammond.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Eric Steele. He used to live a few doors down from me and still see him when he visits his mum who is around the corner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here