Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Morrissey, sort it out have you lost the plot.... Tom Jones & Cliff Richard !!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Oh Come on Morrissey I think you are a talented if somewhat a tad egotistical, but this is a step toooo far.

Morrissey reveals Cliff Richard and Tom Jones as live gig special guests.The singer has announced his first shows of 2014, bringing the veteran pop singers over to the US for two gigs.

Morrissey has unveiled two new live dates for 2014, taking the unlikely special guests of Sir Cliff Richard and Sir Tom Jones on the road with him in the US.
According to fansite True To You, the former Smiths frontman will perform with Tom Jones and Missouri singer Kristeen Young on 10 May at Los Angeles Sports Arena, before sharing the stage with Cliff Richard and Young on 21 June at New York’s Barclays Center.
These are the first confirmed shows for the singer, who abandoned a series of tours last year, blaming a “lack of funding” and sickness as reasons for his nixed dates. “Cancellations and illness have sucked the life out of all of us,” he wrote on True To You, “and the only sensible solution seems to be the art of doing nothing.”

Cliff never broke America and I guess if you look beyond the music there could be a special bond between the two. I personally can not abide Tom Jones, It is just wrong.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Oh Come on Morrissey I think you are a talented if somewhat a tad egotistical

Pull the other one - his music contains "tunes" to slit your wrists to. Droning and untuneful - awful.

PS - I know I'll be in the minority on this one !

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Pull the other one - his music contains "tunes" to slit your wrists to. Droning and untuneful - awful.

Definatly not in a minority . I remember gleefully watching him get pelted offstage whilst he tried to bore the masses at Madstock ,Finsbury Park in '91.

Never seen Sir Tom or Cliff live , but I expect it would be a lot more uplifting than having to endure the tedium that is Morrissy .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Not that small a minority.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Not that small a minority.
Johnny Marr had talent, Morrisey not so much - just another rentagob nowadays tediously trying to generate controversy one way or another to keep himself in the papers :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Johnny Marr had talent, Morrisey not so much - just another rentagob nowadays tediously trying to generate controversy one way or another to keep himself in the papers :thumbsup:

Indeed, I heard Johnny Marr used to dread getting a pile of Morrisey's lyrics as he was never sure how depressed and overcomplicated they would be and if it was humanly possible to put a tune around them.

D

Deleted member 2719

He is true talent better than 95 percent of the sterile garbage that is produced today. Freak or unique, I would go for the latter.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Indeed, I heard Johnny Marr used to dread getting a pile of Morrisey's lyrics as he was never sure how depressed and overcomplicated they would be and if it was humanly possible to put a tune around them.

Frayed knot. It's pretty well established that nearly all the words and music were written separately and that Marr presented Morrissey with the music with no knowledge of the lyrics that would be used or how they would be sung.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Frayed knot. It's pretty well established that nearly all the words and music were written separately and that Marr presented Morrissey with the music with no knowledge of the lyrics that would be used or how they would be sung.

That's pretty much my point

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Oh Come on Morrissey I think you are a talented if somewhat a tad egotistical

I would say he's far from being egotistical. His 'air of dismissiveness' to me is a symptom of a lack of confidence/esteem issues rather than him being a genuinely obnoxious person. He is very self-deprecating in his autobiography, especially about his capacity to 'clear a room' or bore others to death. A dry, misunderstood Manc, and I have to say that the prospect of him on stage with Cliff/Tom Jones would more than likely be worth the ticket price.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here