Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amazon Patents “Anticipatory” Shipping — To Start Sending Stuff Before You’ve Bought It

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
If its ever used it'll only ever be used for horribly predictable shoppers - e.g. you've bought every Football Manager on release day and they can see you're still an active purchaser of other stuff; or you buy the exact same set of stuff as presents every Christmas (pity for them that my grandmother can't use a computer...).

They've admitted that they can't charge for stuff they might send that you didn't actually buy.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Everything these days seems so predetermined and programmed. Mrs V just received her first leccy bill since moving in to her new flat. it was really over the top as it was an estimated bill. So, we went online and put the exact meter reading in and submitted it and a little box popped up saying along the lines of " The meter readings you have submitted are considerably lower than those we expected, please check and re-submit, "

I would have loved to be able to reply ( of course no little box pops up for that ! ) " Well, your F@@@@@@ bill was considerably more than we were expecting so please re-submit ! " Harumph !

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Can I keep it for free even if I didn't want it?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Everything these days seems so predetermined and programmed. Mrs V just received her first leccy bill since moving in to her new flat. it was really over the top as it was an estimated bill. So, we went online and put the exact meter reading in and submitted it and a little box popped up saying along the lines of " The meter readings you have submitted are considerably lower than those we expected, please check and re-submit, "

I would have loved to be able to reply ( of course no little box pops up for that ! ) " Well, your F@@@@@@ bill was considerably more than we were expecting so please re-submit ! " Harumph !

:smile:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
isnt this the same as just in time supply chain management, but for consumers? and what i'd imagine every supermarket already does, filling the stock room and shelves in advance known events.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bet the concept of this is making some of you chaps, particularly those who have wives with a fondness for expensive shoes, twitchy :lol:

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Can I keep it for free even if I didn't want it?

I bought two books for my mum on Amazon, and it turned out that she had already bought them. I tried to get a refund, and indeed I did get a refund for both, but they only asked me to return one of the books - the other one (which was still about £7.99) obviously wasn't worth the hassle to them and they told me to keep it.

Apr 12, 2011
Same happened to me, told me to keep a book I tried to return but still gave me the refund.

Obviously a strategical decision that taking on the cost of return postage is more costly than absorbing the loss of the item.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here