Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you believe in man made climate change?

Do you believe in climate change?

• Yes I think it more than likely exists now

Votes: 143 78.1%
  • No, its a global conspiracy

Votes: 40 21.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The severe weather has again lead to the debate with climate change exists. Of course no one, can be sure.

For me, I think it more than likely does exist, we have 2 options and both are a gamble. 1) Do nothing and gamble on sorting out the consequences or 2) Incur some sacrifices, hope we are right

Surely, a no brainer which gamble to take if you care about generations to come.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Did you hear about the ice fairs on the Thames?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
What's the point in us doing anything when China are churning out tonnes of smog 24/7 and will never stop? Nothing we do will make the slightest bit of difference (not that I believe in man-made climate change anyway, I think it's just the natural order).

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
What you mean is man made climate change. You can't argue with the figures that show the world is currently warming up, whether that is part of a natural cycle or whether it is due to us filling the atmosphere with co2 is what people can't agree on.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Oh course, there's no denying climate change exists. It's a question of whether it's natural or man-made. I don't completely buy into all the Al Gore, hippy-green-fingered activist hype claiming we are fully to blame. But then I accept that monumental burning of fossil fuels and heavy industry over the last couple of centuries has exacerbated any changes. The problem is finding a neutral source of information to base a decision on - not influenced by governments or conspiracy theorists.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What's the point in us doing anything when China are churning out tonnes of smog 24/7 and will never stop? Nothing we do will make the slightest bit of difference (not that I believe in climate change anyway).

Good point. If the same percentage oh Chinese drove cars as the Americans, the country would be uninhabitable.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What you mean is man made climate change. You can't argue with the figures that show the world is currently warming up, whether that is part of a natural cycle or whether it is due to us filling the atmosphere with co2 is what people can't agree on.

Quite. I don't think anyone disagrees that the climate is changing. But they do disagree by how much and who / what caused it.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
What's the point in us doing anything when China are churning out tonnes of smog 24/7 and will never stop? Nothing we do will make the slightest bit of difference (not that I believe in climate change anyway).

This, and I do not understand people that insist that no we must make a stand no matter how small.... eeerrrr wrong there is no point China and India will do what they want and ignore anything just like other super powers. waste of time and effort in my lazy opinion.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

The global temperature has risen since the industrial revolution, correlated to the increase of CO2 in the atmosphere. There is also proof that this extra CO2 has come from man-made sources. Don't know what there is to not agree on to be honest :shrug:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I think you'll find the majority of people and scientists can agree!

Climate change is a falsehood that government uses as excuse to tax us through the arse,we are still thawing out from an ice age and no matter what the weird beards think the planet is in the middle of its cycle.
Personally I couldn't give a blind cobblers **** about future generations as I'll be dead.
**** em.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What's the point in us doing anything when China are churning out tonnes of smog 24/7 and will never stop? Nothing we do will make the slightest bit of difference (not that I believe in man-made climate change anyway, I think it's just the natural order).

China will come round to cleaning up their mess, they will have to. As developed countries we are happy to consume China's cheap goods, the least we can do it take the some lead..

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Our climate is forever changing, paranoia is the only reason behind thinking the earth is failing.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The climate has been changing for the last 4.6 billion years. The question is can we reduce our impact on the planet environmentally? Cutting down the rain forests isn't a good idea I know that much.

Even if we do kill ourselves the Earth will survive and new species will rise to the top of the food chain. I don't think the Earth is that bothered but humanity may be for personal reasons.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
A cow gives off more methane gas than a car. What was mother nature thinking?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
What a terrible argument, cows are part of human-induced climate changed. There wouldn't be 1.5 billion cattle in the world if it wasn't for agriculture.

Very good point and one that is often overlooked when discussing ways to reduce emissions. Whilst transport can be a factor, animal agriculture plays a significant role in the production of greenhouse gases.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Climate change is a truth that government uses as excuse to tax us through the arse,

Let me just edit that for you a little. Man-made climate change is obviously real, but the government is most definitely using that as an excuse to tax which is having no effect whatsoever. And you are certainly not alone in not giving a shit. Which is a shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here