Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dave Lee Travis NOT guilty

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Didnt they say not guilty of some of the charges but the jury couldnt agree on 2 counts, or did I not hear it correctly as I only caught the tail end of the news while in the car.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Didnt they say not guilty of some of the charges but the jury couldnt agree on 2 counts, or did I not hear it correctly as I only caught the tail end of the news while in the car.

"Former BBC DJ Dave Lee Travis has been found not guilty of 12 counts of indecent assault.

The jury at Southwark Crown Court failed to reach a decision on a further indecent assault count and one of sexual assault."

From http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26177136

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Are we saying that isn't and never has been a hairy monster?

"And have you reached a verdict upon which a majority of you are agreed?"

"Yes"

"And what is the verdict?"

"Not guilty"

*QUACK QUACK OOOPS*

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I suppose as he was known as the hairy cornflake you could say that he was a cereal abuser. Before the verdict of course. Allegedly.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

There will likely be a separate hearing at a later date to decide as to whether a retrial of those 2 counts is required or not.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
hopefully this will bring a stop to what is starting to look to me very much like a witch hunt with prosecutions for PR reasons only, rather than because there is compelling evidence of actual wrong doing. Rolf will be next no doubt which should beg the question are these people from same era/occupations being prosecuted because the police/CPS completely failed to act on Jimmy S and now want to be seen to be righting that obvious wrong? 2 juries, despite massively prejudicial and negative press comment on the accused persons' character and behaviour from day 1, and which at some level will have got into the thoughts of the jurors, have clearly decided that despite all of that there is simply nothing really upon which they could fairly convict. These trials at least show justice can still be had but I can't help feel a degree of pity that people are having their names and reputations, some built up over a long lifetime, destroyed forever from all of this.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So he still has the possibilty of conviction on 2 counts hanging over him. There must be at least 3 who disagree with the other 9 and can not be persuaded to change their view.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
hopefully this will bring a stop to what is starting to look to me very much like a witch hunt with prosecutions for PR reasons only, rather than because there is compelling evidence of actual wrong doing. Rolf will be next no doubt which should beg the question are these people from same era/occupations being prosecuted because the police/CPS completely failed to act on Jimmy S and now want to be seen to be righting that obvious wrong? 2 juries, despite massively prejudicial and negative press comment on the accused persons' character and behaviour from day 1, and which at some level will have got into the thoughts of the jurors, have clearly decided that despite all of that there is simply nothing really upon which they could fairly convict. These trials at least show justice can still be had but I can't help feel a degree of pity that people are having their names and reputations, some built up over a long lifetime, destroyed forever from all of this.

Like Stuart Hall you mean?

The only reason some of the other trials have gone to court is because there are some greedy sick people prepared to tell lies in order to sell a story and ruin people lives. They've had no alternative than to act on these lies that have come from multiple sources.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Like Stuart Hall you mean?

The only reason some of the other trials have gone to court is because there are some greedy sick people prepared to tell lies in order to sell a story and ruin people lives. They've had no alternative than to act on these lies that have come from multiple sources.

Just because he's been found not guilty, doesn't mean that they're lying. Whether it should have gone to trial is another issue unrelated to whether these women were lying.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So he still has the possibilty of conviction on 2 counts hanging over him. There must be at least 3 who disagree with the other 9 and can not be persuaded to change their view.

So, do we keep putting him on trial until we get the verdict you want ?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just because he's been found not guilty, doesn't mean that they're lying. Whether it should have gone to trial is another issue unrelated to whether these women were lying.

Ultimately in the eyes of the law, their accusations are proved to be false given a not guilty verdict has been reached. Perhaps lying was the wrong word.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
CPS are really looking good in all of this.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
This case, I believe, is different to Stuart Hall & J S in that it was not young kids or actual intercourse (any sex act on kids is vial I should add and lock them away). I was a DJ and only a few years younger than DLT. I have never ever touched any child in any way but whilst DJing women come on to DJ's all the time. If a woman comes up to ask for a song it is normal to put your arm around her. In Spain we used to have stickers we put on all the girls, you can only imagine where we put them.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Looks like there will no fee in this particular set of No Win, No Fee spurious compensation sagas.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

I have no doubt, whatsoever, that some of the alleged victims in these celebrity trials have been lying. It is impossible to know which of them have been lying due to the law granting anonymity. The solution???????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here