Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The unluckiest fan in the world?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
[h=1]Richard Wee: Everton fan meets Roberto Martinez after call-off[/h]
A lifelong Everton supporter who travelled from Malaysia for his first game was left disappointed when the match was postponed just an hour before kick-off - only to end the night being introduced to Roberto Martinez and Leighton Baines.
Richard Wee, a supporter of 30 years, travelled over for Wednesday's game against Crystal Palace but, when damage to nearby buildings caused the match at Goodison Park to be called off, club officials stepped in.
After being tracked down on social media, Wee met manager Martinez and defender Baines.
Wee will return to the club on Thursday, when he will be given a stadium tour by former Everton striker Graeme Sharp and meet national and local media.
"I wish to thank Everton for the great hospitality," tweeted Wee. "Really appreciate it, also much obliged to the many Evertonians sending warm messages.
_72948128_72947281.jpg
"Today Everton just proved again that it is the people's club, taking extra effort to connect with the fans. Salute to the people running the club."
The match between the sixth-placed Toffees and Palace, who are 15th, was postponed by police for safety reasons after buildings surrounding the stadium were damaged by the storms lashing the country .
Before the weather intervened, Wee had tweeted: "30 years since supporting Everton, will be watching EFC live for first time."
However, shortly afterwards he wrote: "Sadly Everton v Palace match called off due to bad weather. Dream to watch EFC play will continue to be on hold."
That prompted club officials to try and track him down, with Everton press officer Helen Mayo eventually writing: "We've found him and are making sure he doesn't leave too disappointed, taking him to meet some of his heroes right now."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26165285

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This was in the Metro this morning.

Who gives a toss? He's tourist, who happened to want to take in an Everton game. It's the Nigels who made the journey I have more sympathy with.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Fan? I'd say tourist, in which case no he isn't.

This was in the Metro this morning.

Who gives a toss? He's tourist, who happened to want to take in an Everton game. It's the Nigels who made the journey I have more sympathy with.

Hes a lifelong fan whatever way you put it (though he is a tourist to the UK of course). It is unlucky for his first ever game seeing the team he supports from 6,000 miles away is called off.

If he travelled just for this game, then credit to him. Its this guy i have sympathy for - certainly not Palace (especially after their amusement after our game last season vs Blackburn was called off - no sympathy on BBS for us so why the hell should we sympathise with them for this ?)

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
At least he's going to watch his team, and not sitting on his armchair. Prefer people like that than English arm chair fans in all honesty. Everton are a great club, as soon as they found out he was there, they took him to meet the players and the manager.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
At least he's going to watch his team, and not sitting on his armchair. Prefer people like that than English arm chair fans in all honesty.

Are you thinking of anyone in particular ? (Who may be banned and unable to answer back) :whistle:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He must be gutted at not being able to see the team he supports score half a dozen goals before half time and have 85% overall possession.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Unluckiest fan in the world? Doesn't it say in the report he was going to support Everton not Palace?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
30 years eh? 29 I reckon. Everton won the title and the European Cup Winners Cup in 1985.

Shameless glory hunter.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You are a really miserable bunch today.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
What i can not get my head around is why after 30 years he picks his first match to attend to be against Palace....surely he could have picked a decent first match.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What i can not get my head around is why after 30 years he picks his first match to attend to be against Palace....surely he could have picked a decent first match.
Because he wanted a guaranteed win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here