Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Training Ground Issue

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
The locals aren't happy with the Indoor Training Pitch!

Don't get me wrong I'm 100% for it but.....

Look at this picture:
1016565_10151908616382405_381502629_n.jpg

The original plan, then look at this picture:
1604422_1464417737104896_1067320933_n.jpg

Current status....a bit bigger than envisaged!

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
The pictures are at different angles, the 1st doesn't really show the height (perhaps that's why they chose it!).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The locals aren't happy with the Indoor Training Pitch!

Don't get me wrong I'm 100% for it but.....

Look at this picture:
View attachment 51199

The original plan, then look at this picture:
View attachment 51200

Current status....a bit bigger than envisaged!

I would say that photo is from further away taken with a zoom lens from a much lower height than the render and at an acute angle.

It looks bigger, but I would suggest this is a visual issue between the photo and the render rather than what in reality has been built.

If it is bigger, then planning enforcement will be involved and a new application will be invited to retrospectively apply for the bigger size. I doubt it is bigger though.

D

Deleted member 22389

Would these moaners have preffered a dirty great incinerator like Newhaven has had to put with, thought not.
If the training ground didn't go there something else would have, such as a supermarket or houses. They should thinking themselfes lucky.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Looks exactly the same to me. The main building could do with being rendered and painted white though.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Whichever way you look at it, it looks bloody great. We are lucky lucky lucky to have Bloom's money. Amazing.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
They dont need to worry, it will probabaly be blown away by the weekend.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
will they also moan about the increased airtraffic in to shoreham airport (mainly helicopters & lear jets) at the end of August & end of January each season ??

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
will they also moan about the increased airtraffic in to shoreham airport (mainly helicopters & lear jets) at the end of August & end of January each season ??

We will need a few NSC spotters down there for that.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The Argus might fall for it but the planners won't be fooled by the totally different perspectives of those pictures.

The new photo exaggerates various aspects ie the shallower angle inevitably makes the structures look taller than in the original image, and also looks like we've built them in the back garden of the houses in the foreground, plus the long lens has foreshortened the distance in the background making Lancing beach look as if it has have moved closer inland.

Mind you I wonder if Oscar has had the roof over the indoor pitch raised to allow for our new 'hit it high and long for Leo' tactics.

D

Deleted member 22389

I would love to have the Albion training ground in my town, it would be brilliant. Like I say they should just be glad that don't have this. Look how near it is to peoples houses

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I would love to have the Albion training ground in my town, it would be brilliant. Like I say they should just be glad that don't have this. Look how near it is to peoples houses

As incinerators go, I'd say that is an attractive building to have!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Thankfully our planning application will of been a bit more detailed than submitting a picture.

Does look a bit of an eye sore to be fair , not that it matters

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's obvious that the building was never going to be lower on the North side than the South. The slope going down on the far side just wouldn't show because of the angle it's viewed from. In fact the shadow on the left side shows this.

D

Deleted member 22389

As incinerators go, I'd say that is an attractive building to have!

Peacehaven got the Water Treatement Works, it's finished and it has been hidden with a grass roof and sunk in to the ground.
The area around it is now being turned in to paths for walkers and cyclists, there is going to be a playground for the kids, a skatepark and a cafe. 2 million was donated by Bovis and Southern Water to create this recreational area. At least Peacehaven got something back, compared to Newhaven.
http://bigparksproject.org.uk/about-2/

I didn't tell you what Newhaven get for their trounbles?
A mini roundabout lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here