Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Line of Duty ..2nd series

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Excellent writing, you start off thinking old Keeley Hawes is one of the good guys and 50 minutes later that's clearly not the case, and wasnt expecting a biggish star like Jessica Raine getting killed off in the first episode(unless she can fly that is)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
yes without giving away any clues ..bit of a tasty ending..re music none..but i agree
Very good programme, I enjoyed the first series and this one has got off to a good start.
You shouldn't have worried about giving away any clues, see below. :facepalm:
Excellent writing, you start off thinking old Keeley Hawes is one of the good guys and 50 minutes later that's clearly not the case, and wasnt expecting a biggish star like Jessica Raine getting killed off in the first episode(unless she can fly that is)

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Warming up nicely. ,love Denton,s defence

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Brilliant series so far. i've just watched episode three - seems that the corruption is widespread!

Anyone know how many episodes there are? Is it four, like Luther? I'm hoping it's more.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Brilliant series so far. i've just watched episode three - seems that the corruption is widespread!

Anyone know how many episodes there are? Is it four, like Luther? I'm hoping it's more.

Six episodes for this series.
I watched two in a row last night, I had episode 2 on Sky + and then watched 3 straight after, best thing on TV for me at the moment.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Six episodes for this series.
I watched two in a row last night, I had episode 2 on Sky + and then watched 3 straight after, best thing on TV for me at the moment.

Yeah, I agree. Gripping stuff.

The end of the first episode was one of those moments that returns to you later. Utterly unexpected, totally shocking.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

Very good cast in this series, I like this actress .

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'm thoroughly enjoying it BUT ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it's a bit too Old Testament sin heavy ................ too much shagging in the back stories of the characters for my puritanical tastes ............. that said, for me, best BBC Drama since the first Line Of Duty and/or Great Expectations

proper tension, love it

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I did not see the first series.

How is the plot getting together? Dryden seems like the baddie and Denton set up but why is she lying?

I hope it is not an anti-climax?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Robert Lindsay left filming inside a week with a full payout citing 'creative differences', I would imagine he was originally playing Dryden, who appears to be the villain of the piece.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Robert Lindsay left filming inside a week with a full payout citing 'creative differences', I would imagine he was originally playing Dryden, who appears to be the villain of the piece.

A full pay out? Surely this means he was sacked?

What a prat. The first series was excellent and this one has been better. This could have done wonders for his public persona.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
A full pay out? Surely this means he was sacked?

What a prat. The first series was excellent and this one has been better. This could have done wonders for his public persona.

I read somewhere once that as 'luvvies' go Robert Lindsay wasn't the easiest person to work with, looking at the strong cast they have in Line of Duty and the quality production they are producing they probably didn't put up with that hence he got the boot early on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here