Does it continue to be funny?
Will it be funny forever?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Not really, but that's largely because often I don't know anything about the players coming on :blush: However, it will be when Aguero, making his return from injury, comes off the bench against us in the Cup :thumbsup:

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
It's a genuine question. I want to know about the opposition subs, and will continue to inquire until the away fans can give me a brief summary of their career to the tune of Sloop John B.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I hate it when people do this, as I always the assume the anonymous sub will throw the insult back in our faces with a goal.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
. .
When a sub comes on.

Was this ever funny? NO
Does it continue to be funny?Never was
Will it be funny forever?Silly person

Ah but that's why it's funny. It's like a never ending circle of post modern irony, which is why it's lucky that it's short and can only occur a maximum of three times a game.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
It does make me smile. Many of the players in the Championship I have never heard of . In the Leeds game I only knew two. If we ever go up perhaps things would change.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
It does make me smile. Many of the players in the Championship I have never heard of . In the Leeds game I only knew two. If we ever go up perhaps things would change.

This.

When we played Liverpool at the Amex - Steven Gerrard got a rather sarcastic "WHO?" as well, made me smile anyway.

Small bit of fun - lighten up a bit.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I enjoy the "Whoooo?" but also enjoy the "Shit off, Shit on" comments after the names have been read out as well.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
People pay their money so whats the problem, no different than leaving early, or choosing to sing or not.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If you watch the YouTube clip of Beckham making his debut at the Goldstone, there's a loud chant of "who the f*cking hell are you". Makes me chuckle when I hear it.

*I think you'll find that was David Blackham.

Do other grounds do this?

As for the whole "Whoooo" thing, I guess it was funnyish when Birmingham fans started it many years ago. Along with calling Palace fans "Nigel", perhaps this is another habit that the new Brighton fans are adopting from what they've watched/heard on TV and read about on Twitter/NSC/FB etc.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
When Matt Smith came on for Leeds last night, I was expecting everyone to shout "Doctor Who"

No? Suit yourselves

finbar

Jul 15, 2003
Hove
It isnt, and never has been, funny. It is pathetic, predictable and embarrassing.

Unless someone ways it in a slightly funny voice to be a bit different, then its sooo funny

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here