Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ward

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Another terrific performance last night. Reckon he'll be available on a permanent deal for approx £1m in the summer, surely got to be signed up ASAP?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I like him. A good solid championship full back. Plus he had to replace bridge which is no easy task!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No reason not to. Very consistent player, actually thought last night was one of his weaker games in the past couple of months.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
He's been very good for us - incredibly reliable over 90 minutes week in, week out. I'd be quite happy to secure his services for another couple of years

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Another terrific performance last night. Reckon he'll be available on a permanent deal for approx £1m in the summer, surely got to be signed up ASAP?

Agree, he has been fantastic for us, and considering Bridge has only played about 10 games this season it goes to show that it is a huge gamble financially paying any player an unaffordable amount of money when injury is always just around the corner. This season Bridge has cost Reading £1.3m.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Very good and I'd like him in this league. Keep hearing he's on crazy wages but you can always do a signing fee to convince him to lower his weekly/monthly wage. Right price then go for it

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He is no Wayne Bridge and it took me a while to get over this, however he is a pretty decent left back, wouldn't be suprised to see him sign for us on a free. I'm sure Wolves will just be glad to get rid of his wages.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'm a big fan of his but I'm not sure I'd be rushing to pay £1m for him. I suspect they'll be better value than that elsewhere or with another loanee...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't see him costing a million quid, surely? Wolves are desperate to get rid, whether they get promoted or not. I don't know what his contract status is with them of course, but I'd be surprised if he's the sort of player who has a million pound price tag.

I'd happily take him on permanently though, he's been enormously consistent for us, and is useful when he gets forward (apart from that terrible cross into the Leeds fans last night :lol:).

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
For those who mourned the loss of Bridge at the end of last season (myself included), the club have surely been vindicated by his lack of appearances for Reading this season and the subsequent loan signing of Ward who has been very consistent IMO.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Much like Conway, I doubt we'd be able to afford his wages unfortunately.

Surely we're paying his wages now though? He may be happy to stay on similar, or bring it down with a nice signing on fee if he joins permanently?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Wolves don't want him. I think the fee would be minimal. I haven't got a clue about wages.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thing is with ward, like calde, he is a good 6 or 7 or 8/10 every week player. Unlike say Bruno who is either 0/10 or 8/10 depending on what day of the week it is. A luxury we can ill afford.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I commented on someone elses post that he didn't get forward so much as either of our right backs, but I have to retract that after the donny game.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Forest will get him, or Leicester, or QPR, or Bolton, or Blackburn, well, someone who will offer him the longest contract and best wages combination. Burnley also, maybe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here