Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football fans survey

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Hello,

I would greatly appreciate if you have a spare 5-10 minutes to fill in this survey please! I am a finalist at Loughborough University studying Sports Management and need as many responses for my dissertation as possible! The survey is looking at perceptions of financial stability and competitive balance within English football!

The link can be found here: https://www.survey.lboro.ac.uk/smartyndissertation/

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Many thanks in advance to those who complete it!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Done

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Many thanks to those who have done it! I've been slightly overwhelmed almost by the responses; me and my supervisor were expecting/hoping for around 200 respondents collected over a 2 week period. So far I've collected 432 responses in around 48 hours so really good for internal validity of the study etc. The power of the internet and social media eh!

Just in case any of you were interested, I thought I'd give a bit more background to the study, the study is aiming to collect data on the perceptions of competitive balance (both do fans think the league is uncompetitively balanced, but also is that actually a problem) and also financial stability (here though the term 'financial stability' is defined much looser, which is why there could be multiple factors; ie the reason I haven't mentioned Chelsea/Liverpool ability to stockpile). But then I also want to correlate it too the type of fan (their is literature in this area so the types of fans are established in work by Tapp & Clowes and there's another piece of literature but forget the authors off the top of my head).

As some of you may have figured out I've posted it on most clubs forums in the Premier League and Championship to get a real range of answers. Then I can compare individual clubs results, then slightly more split ie 'the top clubs' compared to 'middle clubs' compared too 'bottom clubs'....etc etc etc.

Oh and if you're interested in whose responded the most, it would be Brighton (cheers guys!, Liverpool, but then randomly Swansea as well (personally I know 0 Swansea fans).

Just browsing the data based on averages (so this is not at all in depth) it would appear fans care a lot about financial stability, and think lower league clubs are more likely to run in to issues than top clubs (which the literature/statistics would agree with). Whereas competitive balance is much more mixed, it would appear fans think there is a competitive imbalance issue, but that doesn't actually affect their viewing time!

Again, cheers all to those that filled it in!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here