Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could Leo be hankering for a move?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I know he was out for ages with an injury but his body language suggests to me there may be something else.
These days it seems to be the thing for unhappy players to play badly and mess about when they want out.
And Burke said we had million plus bids for three players - Liam, Buckley and…..well, it can only be Leo.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I know he was out for ages with an injury but his body language suggests to me there may be something else.
These days it seems to be the thing for unhappy players to play badly and mess about when they want out.
And Burke said we had million plus bids for three players - Liam, Buckley and…..well, it can only be Leo.

You obviously didn't look at his goal celebrations in the last two games. I don't think he's been playing that well, part of that is down to him being isolated in recent games -- although we can't say that of the last two -- and part is down to him returning from injury. But I don't think it's got anything to do with wanting away.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Everyone has their moments where they think the grass is greener elsewhere - Ulloa is probably no different. I'm sure he wants to play at the highest level just like every other player. I thought he had a poor first half where nothing seemed to be happening for him, but ultimately, like the Donny game - he tucked away the winner with a classy finish.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You never know. Change of management always has that risk.

To be fair, he has looked better in the last 2 games, more interested, and linking up better than his run back from injury.

Him and D-Rod look like they could have potential. I think he is a typical stroppy south american though, when things are going his way, either his own performance, others, or the referee, he'll look dis-interested.

Maybe we should start to chastise him like we did with Murray?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Give him better service and he will be grinning.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Has he had a personal loss or something? I don't remember him looking to the sky before? Could have something to do with his body language.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

I thought two papers said that the third was Kuczack?

I'm not sure he looks unhappy and he's putting in the effort, he just doesn't look completely fit at the moment but seems to be slowly getting thereish

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I don't agree. I said to a mate yesterday, although he was having a poor game to me it looked like he was getting very frustrated which although not ideal, at least showed he cared. Everyone's allowed to have a bad patch, and he's still scored very important goals for us in his last few games.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
no
no
no

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Read his interview in the argus from about 2 weeks ago. He sounded happy here.

Sorry on phone so can't trawl the internet myself for link.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Has he had a personal loss or something? I don't remember him looking to the sky before? Could have something to do with his body language.

I've been wondering that myself. He hasn't seemed to have his usual sparkle since returning from injury and was thinking that something sad might have happened.
He seemed to be a bit emotional after scoring his last two goals.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Nah - I had this thought after Doncaster, he worked hard yesterday though, he was very isolated at times and was offered absolutely no protection from the ref, their CB's had hands all over him all game.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Nah - I had this thought after Doncaster, he worked hard yesterday though, he was very isolated at times and was offered absolutely no protection from the ref, their CB's had hands all over him all game.

I agree. There were times yesterday we cleared it forward and despite their close attention he kept the ball and played us in. It's not spectacular, but even when he's not playing well, he stills gives the team a lot.

I thought he looked frustrated last night that he was taking all the hits and doing the dirty work but getting no chances. After he scored his body language and even in his face you could see he was a lot happier, delighted even. He put a very good shift in even if it was mainly hard graft. Again, a finish to win the game - top work. :thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
His first touch last night was poor but his finish was sublime, Premier League quality. He looks a bit frustrated at himself at times, a bit frustrated with his service at others and both relieved and very happy when he scores. That's not want-away behaviour IMHO.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I'm not saying he can't score goals, I'm not saying he's not the best striker we've had since Zamora, but he isn't the same player as last season , and it's been a while since he got back in the team to get fit. I hope I'm wrong but he has shown signs of 'doing a Suarez'

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Had to check the OP as I assumed it was a typical Return of the Rev post but no.....someone beat him to it.
Thought Leo looked more settled now he has some support and he certainly enjoyed scoring. Peiple are saying he has a poor first touch but there was a ball in the first half that he chested down and drove by the post into the side netting that oozed quality and for the goal his control was excellent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here