Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shooooot!

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Anyone else find it unnecessary to shout shoot? Surely a footballer knows when the time is right to shoot, I don't think I've seen an Albion player score after the crowd demands a shot is made?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If were effective in influencing the players to have a shot by shouting 'shoot!' the Leeds fans must have been shouting 'block it with you body' the number of shots they managed to charge down last night.

Aug 21, 2011
Yes we have to shout shoot otherwise they will just pass it around the out side of the box until they get tackled. Lua Lua however does not seem to need a prompt.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Anyone else find it unnecessary to shout shoot? Surely a footballer knows when the time is right to shoot, I don't think I've seen an Albion player score after the crowd demands a shot is made?

It's not necessary no. I hope you don't mind if I continue to do it though; it's sort of part of watching sport - both live and on telly - that compels you to shout at the players/TV.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Can we also shout 'put in a decent cross' from time to time?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Quite funny last night people shouting shoooot at Rohan Ince when he was a good 40 yards from goal. Considering he can barely control his legs when he's close to goal it seemed a tad optimistic.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Why,I don't think I have seen an Albion player score from a Solly March cross yet but that doesn't stop me shouting "Come on Solly good cross" when he is in full flight with the ball at his feet.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yes, pointless, as is shouting "ol'e" when the team is knocking a lot of passes together, "go on", "switch it" or anything else. If you stay at home and watch the game unfold via text on the Argus website, you will not have to suffer these nonsenses.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Why,I don't think I have seen an Albion player score from a Solly March cross yet but that doesn't stop me shouting "Come on Solly good cross" when he is in full flight with the ball at his feet.

Totally different my man, you shouting that solely is a little different to 1000s of people shouting shoot that leads to a fluffed attempt to get a goal.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Yes, pointless, as is shouting "ol'e" when the team is knocking a lot of passes together, "go on", "switch it" or anything else. If you stay at home and watch the game unfold via text on the Argus website, you will not have to suffer these nonsenses.

I don't think you get my point pal, what I'm saying is it seems to unsettle the player and leads to a fumbled shot.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't think you get my point pal, what I'm saying is it seems to unsettle the player and leads to a fumbled shot.

Nonsense does it. That's just Rohan Ince's style.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
You're right, of course. It doesn't help at all and arguably is actually unhelpful to the player on the ball who may be pressurised into taking a shot when he thinks that a back pass to Koosh (sorry!) is more constructive. The thing is, I can't help myself, you see. It just happens without thought, except, currently, when Ince is in and around the box when I don't tend to feel the urge. Hopefully, that will change in time too. My God, if Ince develops shooting boots as well, he could turn out to be an Albion legend!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I always find advice from the crowd annoying. Not a crowd i have around me, of course, telling me how to walk straight and not to shout mingechops at ladies in passing, as sometimes that might do me good, although to be surrounded by sneering and opinionated humans can wither anyone's self-pride and determination surely. But ordinary chaps in the throng advising on how to do things best is a pain. I had a snorty little oik in the North the other day telling Tomasz to keep himself in shape and ready for the next ball in to keep away. What else did he plan to do, our braindead keeper so desperately in need of a hundred voices or so from unathletic dunces around him to let him just what to do. Why do so many seem to think they know best?

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Nonsense does it. That's just Rohan Ince's style.

What makes you think I'm talking about Rohan Ince? As I said, I've never seen someone provide a decent strike let alone concede a goal on demand of a shot, I'm probably wrong, just stating my observation.

I quite often find myself shouting complete bobbins.

NO FOUL, NO F**KING FOUL,
TAKE HIM OUT
USE HIM, USE HIM NOW YOU IDIOT
SHOOT, PLEASE SHOOT FFS

I'm sure that in all the years I've been doing this never once has a player obeyed my instruction, but I will continue to do so if it's all the same to you.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Totally different my man, you shouting that solely is a little different to 1000s of people shouting shoot that leads to a fluffed attempt to get a goal.

If any player is really affected this much by the crowd, then professional sport is the wrong career for them.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I like the one where the opposition have it about 10 yards outside our box and our defence is lined up on the edge of our box but people scream "PUSH UP".

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I can regularly be heard to shout "skin him", get it wide, stand him up etc... but again my coaching insights are rarely taken notice of.

I put this in the same bracket as someone shouting "catch it" at cricket when the ball goes up in the air......

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here