Jun 5, 2011
oscal229-1354541_478x359.jpg

Oscar instructs Stephen Ward during the 1-0 win over Leeds at the Amex

PUBLISHED
23:57 11th February 2014
by Adam Tighe
He [McCormack] is not easy to mark, but all the defence were really good"
Oscar Garcia
Oscar Garcia was thrilled with how his side dulled the goal threat of Leeds United, especially Championship top scorer Ross McCormack - who'd hit five in three ahead of tonight's game.
The Albion head coach highlighted the 22-goal striker as a key to the Yorkshire side’s attacking prowess but the Seagulls’ defence stood firm, and saw their own highest scorer Leo Ulloa settle the game.
“It was not an easy game for the defence against McCormack who has scored 22 goals and he is a fantastic player: he is not easy to mark, but all the defence were really good.
“We’d prefer to beat the opposition by scoring more goals but when you win, and you see the performance of all the players, the only thing that I can be is very happy.
“We wanted to get back to winning ways and we did it against Doncaster, and we wanted to win again at home in front of our own fans. I am very pleased.
"LuaLua gave us what we wanted because he came off the bench, made an immediate impact and Leo took the goal really well.
“And hopefully these goals are only the start of things for Leo and he goes on to score a lot of goals. He is working very hard and is getting better and better.”
oscar-l229-1354412.jpg

Oscar praised Calderon's professionalism
Meanwhile Oscar confirmed that Bruno was suffering a slight injury which was the reason for exclusion against Leeds, but praised his replacement Inigo Calderon.*
“Bruno didn’t feel so well. He was rather tight so we didn’t want to risk him but I’m very happy because Calde has deserved to play every week and it is very hard for me to leave him out of the starting eleven.
“He is a fantastic player and a fantastic professional and I am very happy for him and in his performance.
“I am also happy because all the players deserve to play and most of them are 100 per cent fit enough and prepared to play the minutes that we need from them.
“We have a week before Hull now and we will rest for two days and then start to prepare for the FA Cup.”
UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES
Albion v Hull City (FA Cup):
Monday 17th February, kick-off 7.45pm
Albion v Wigan Athletic:
Saturday 22nd February, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here