Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Un friggin believable

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just got home and logged on, and the first three threads I see here are slagging off Greer, Ulloa and Stephens.

For ****s sake, we have just beaten a play-off rival 1-0, admittedly not a great performance, but we were far and away the better team tonight.

Get a grip people.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Just got home and logged on, and the first three threads I see here are slagging off Greer, Ulloa and Stephens.

For ****s sake, we have just beaten a play-off rival 1-0, admittedly not a great performance, but we were far and away the better team tonight.

Get a grip people.

Exactly. Firstly somebody kept the leagues leading goalscorer quiet. Secondly their supposed powerhouse Austin was Inced, and Thirdly, Ulloa scored for the second match in a row, in which his goals have helped us pick up 6 points.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Exactly. Firstly somebody kept the leagues leading goalscorer quiet. Secondly their supposed powerhouse Austin was Inced, and Thirdly, Ulloa scored for the second match in a row, in which his goals have helped us pick up 6 points.

And, fourthly, this was kind of the point of the thread that was started about Ulloa, but it doesn't seem to have been interpreted in that way.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Get a grip people.

This with bells on, well said.
I am so happy with the result, some people wouldn't be happy if they won the lottery!!!
:smile:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
How are you supposed to interpret your comment: "he was awful tonight"? :facepalm:

Because it was followed by the following:
... that first touch wasn't much cop either, but that finish :bowdown:

Now, I do understand that irony is not a good idea on NSC. But this is not irony. Perhaps I need to spell it out. It was an attempt to contrast his all round play tonight, with that moment when KLL played in a brilliant cross (which is fairly rare for him, but we'll leave that to one side for the moment). What happened after was that Leo's first touch was good, but not that good, not as good as I've come to expect of him. But his next touch -- his finish -- was simply awesome. Hence the :bowdown:

The thing that most people care about with strikers is their finishing. On this front, I think we've got a gem with Leo. The stats show that McCormack is better than Leo. That wasn't the case tonight. It's up to Leo to prove that it isn't the case for the rest of the season.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Because it was followed by the following:
... that first touch wasn't much cop either, but that finish :bowdown:

Now, I do understand that irony is not a good idea on NSC. But this is not irony. Perhaps I need to spell it out. It was an attempt to contrast his all round play tonight, with that moment when KLL played in a brilliant cross (which is fairly rare for him, but we'll leave that to one side for the moment). What happened after was that Leo's first touch was good, but not that good, not as good as I've come to expect of him. But his next touch -- his finish -- was simply awesome. Hence the :bowdown:

The thing that most people care about with strikers is their finishing. On this front, I think we've got a gem with Leo. The stats show that McCormack is better than Leo. That wasn't the case tonight. It's up to Leo to prove that it isn't the case for the rest of the season.

Fair play to you mate, when I started this thread, I had only seen the "he was awful tonight" comment.

Still doesn't change my opinion about a lot of negative bollox you can read on here though.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Fair play to you mate, when I started this thread, I had only seen the "he was awful tonight" comment.

Still doesn't change my opinion about a lot of negative bollox you can read on here though.

Fair enough. All I can say is that I'm not the provenance of negative bollox on here. My view is that post doesn't even contain negative bollox. I maintain that if you ask Leo how he played tonight, he'd say that he was disappointed. I suspect that he might be modest about that finish, though. Watch it again. It'll make you happier.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Get a grip people.
I thought it was a great performance and just what was needed. Bloomin' moaners.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
At least it makes a change from the first 10 threads being about Poyet or favourite flavour of crisps.

Or anything related to that lot up the road.

Fair enough. All I can say is that I'm not the provenance of negative bollox on here. My view is that post doesn't even contain negative bollox. I maintain that if you ask Leo how he played tonight, he'd say that he was disappointed. I suspect that he might be modest about that finish, though. Watch it again. It'll make you happier.

try either of these :whistle::rolleyes: next time, then people know you are not being serious, because sadly many people are when they start that type of thread. Or they are just fishing.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Loving that new verb. :thumbsup:

meanmachine25

Jan 24, 2009

Get a grip people.

this is NSC moan central ;)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here