Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa tonight

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Not sure if you're taking the piss???

He's like a number 9 who needs service, give him the ball in the box and he'll put it away. He's not like a Suarez who will be involved in everything, he's more of a Mark Hughes type player. He didn't have his best game tonight in terms of holding the ball up, but he did his most important job when it mattered and we won................

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

He's like a number 9 who needs service, give him the ball in the box and he'll put it away. He's not like a Suarez who will be involved in everything, he's more of a Mark Hughes type player. He didn't have his best game tonight in terms of holding the ball up, but he did his most important job when it mattered and we won................

I'm not taking the piss. Read my original post. Which bit constitutes taking the piss?

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
He can absolute dog turd for all I care! If he scores goals I'll continue to sing my heart out for that man from Argentina! He's paid to score goals and nothing else!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

I believe he also scored on Saturday........Two one nil wins, both goals scored by Leo........good enough for me.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Once again, there seems to be no in-between with some posters on here, just pure black and white. Already tonight I've seen Stephens branded terrible, then it was Greer in other games, whereas LuaLua seems to be considered faultless by some on every occasion.

I thought Ulloa looked more interested tonight than he has been in other games, I think there were a couple of moments when his first touch was heavy, but then most of them did that at some stage during the match. Generally, he seemed a bit sharper to me, and in any case, if he's going to keep on scoring, then that's just fine by me.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Blimey this board has changed. I used to see endless threads about how poor our team was from fickle fans when we lost. But to see threads about how poor our team was when we win?
SERIOUSLY ?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Once again, there seems to be no in-between with some posters on here, just pure black and white. Already tonight I've seen Stephens branded terrible, then it was Greer in other games, whereas LuaLua seems to be considered faultless by some on every occasion.

I thought Ulloa looked more interested tonight than he has been in other games, I think there were a couple of moments when his first touch was heavy, but then most of them did that at some stage during the match. Generally, he seemed a bit sharper to me, and in any case, if he's going to keep on scoring, then that's just fine by me.

Well Edna, not so sure if this is the case, but if I've put a krab up your apple, my view is that Upson, Ward and Ince seem to do it every game. Not so sure I've turned against any player, or manager, but my point wasn't that, all of a sudden, Ulloa isn't our main man. He's scored four in three. He probably should be credited with three in three. He's enabled us to win two in two. We can only be excited about what he can do for the rest of the season. But, if asked, I think even he'd agree that tonight really was one of his poorer games, but that that really doesn't matter given that ...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He had the right hump at being subbed. Jones was draping himself all over him as he moped to the bench.

"Noo noo, you were great, big boyo, wasn't it. But Oscar he just wants a bit of Obika at the end doesn't he. Here's your coat lad now have yourself a Bovril. Dunky ? Go and get...I said go and...DUNKY ? Go and get Leo a Bovril, theres a good lad"

Heard the lot.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He was awful tonight ...
... that first touch wasn't much cop either, but that finish :bowdown:

Which seems like another way of saying this:

Ulloa - 6.5. Not the Ulloa we love, but excellent finish

which just so happens to be the OP's comment on the player ratings tonight thread

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Why should a lady be able to speak sense about a football match and men cant but she is right he was much better than he has been since coming back from injury.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I thought he had a good game. Won nearly all his headers in both halves of the pitch and led the attacks well, control let him down a bit but all in all on the way back to his best, and finding the net!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

On a couple of occasions he flicked the ball on to Rodriguez.... first time all season pretty much that there's been someone up with him let akone beyond him to flick it on to!
Promising :thumbsup:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I see Doug Loft is scoring goals for fun lately. Perhaps we should buy him. :smile:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here