Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
I said right at the beginning of the season that I like his calm and understated manner. I think what he is achieving this season is incredible. He has replaced a manger that brought this club incredible success and a new identity. He has also had to over see the leaving of Bridcutt (one of the best players to play for this club), he has coped with an horrendous injury list, he has had the spectre of the FFP in the back ground - not once have I heard him look for any excuses when we have lost. He has brought on some incredible young talent. The man is class - he may never have a career as a football pundit but that job is for those that can't manage....................he is the real deal. This season is building very very nicely.

OH OSCAR GARCIA!!!!!!!!!!

This

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Was encouraged to see us so positive in the last 20min last night instead of hanging on camped in our own half. A positive sign from Garcia and the reason we comfortably rode the game out

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Only sub I wasn't convinced by was Obika for Ulloa. I just think Ulloa holds the ball up better - not convinced by Obika.
Having said that I thought the tactics and formation were fantastic.
Garcia has been too negative at times this season but the last 2 games have been attacking, efficient and entertaining. Long may it continue :)
I also hope March keeps his place. Buckley is a great player but I think March has done more than enough to deserve a run in the team.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think our manager won the game for us tonight.

Bringing on KLL was a good but predictable move but to bring on Buckley on the other wing was a master stroke.
Winning 1.0 it would have been easy to take march off & bring JFC on to shore things up.

By bringing Buckley on he stretched the Leeds defence so when buckley or KLL got the ball they had space to run into.
100% agree. KLL changed the game, then Buckley and Obika's pace meant that the Leeds defence were stretched and couldn't push forward. Hence why (I felt) we didn't come under too much pressure in the closing minutes. Great tactics.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I agree with the OP on this. Almost always you see a defender or at least a defensive player brought on to shore things up. It was good to see OG bringing on a player that gave Leeds something to think about instead of being able to throw everybody into our half.

Don't want to open a can of worms but Gus would have brought on Dunk.

Gus who?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here