Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The atmosphere was more of a low level murmur with two or three loud "Albions" thrown in for my money. A lot of chants that were started just never took off and so we fall back on the good old staple - Albion, Albion. When we're all braying together it's a real cauldron of noise, but sadly it was few and far between last night. The Oscar and Leo chants are just too long to sustain volume beyond the first line or two, whereas something short and repetitive like the 'barmy army' has a better chance (although it's football we're watching, not cricket and 'Blue army, blue army' slightly overlapping would surely be better)

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I thought it was ok.

Like teams, the crowd raises its game for the supporters with a reputation for being loud.

It's the Yeovil and Barnsley crowds where we'll be rubbish. Generalisation I know.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
The atmosphere was definitely better than it's been for a while though it died down dramatically midway through the first half, coinciding with that spell where neither team seemed capable of putting a pass together and the ball was just spinning in the air a lot of the time.

The North was great when it got going but again, it seemed divided at times from where I sit in the East ... sometimes only one group was singing, and sometimes two groups were singing different songs.

Leeds did their bit but were definitely quieter than they've been on their previous two visits.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Let's hope the atmosphere is cranked up another gear for the Hull Match for the players and the TV and if we win or lose lets stay and cheer the team of the pitch. I think its time to stop saying who's making the most atmosphere and we should all get behind the team. Well done yesterday all stands. I also feel it depends on the away team fans is if they are loud it helps.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I reckon the atmosphere would be better if the north stand choir could actually get one song going together rather than two of three at a time.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Bloke near me had an absolute classic in terms of shouting absolute arsegarbage the whole match.

Highlights included:

(Greer receives ball, Cue groan) "Oh here we go" (Greer launches ball long) "Oh that's SH!T Greer" (Long ball turns out to be perfect ball to left wing) "Jammy *******."

(Stephens receives ball) "Time. Tiiime. Tiiiii...MAN ON!"

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Leeds were good but they went massively quiet after they conceeded.

Yes, we took a lot of the bite out of the game but I have never heard a Leeds crowd go that silent.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good game, much better atmosphere than recent games. From my WSL seat (I know, the quiet bit) heard WSU quite a bit, and the uncoordinated separate NS choirs as usual............thought Leeds were ok at times too but died a death when they went behind. March prob my MOM and potential diamond there, just needs to work on that final ball a bit as several times skilled himself into great positions. We were great defensively, never really gave them much of a sniff. Roll on Monday.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
once again it was crap from the north stand,wsu made a lot of effort,imo the south stand make more effort than the north,and that seems to be the place next season if you want a atmosphere

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It was ok. North was decent in spells. Definatly more muted on a midweek.
Heard little bits from the WSU and south seemed to join in with a few although the noise does not really travel to the north.
Leeds were ok in spells although they have a limited numbe of songs.
Personally having been all around te ground now NW corner sings the loudest and longest. Defo place to be if you want a good atmosphere

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Can I respectively suggest if you couldn't hear the WSU tonight you invest in one of these.

View attachment 51149

Yeah get one there great. you put the thin end down your japs eye and whack the dial up to 11. Has you signing loud all game and everyone can hear you.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Have to say I really like the Leeds anthem "marching on together". Just googled it and was written by same people as Delilah, Stoke's anthem?
Pity we can't get someone to write a more up to date one than GOSBTS. Cooke, McCartney, Adele, Preston ...........?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Good atoms. Wsu v loud. Prob is it really depends where u r in the ground as to what u hear etc - haven't we learnt this by now? Constant noise from the North last night too :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Have to say I really like the Leeds anthem "marching on together". Just googled it and was written by same people as Delilah, Stoke's anthem?
Pity we can't get someone to write a more up to date one than GOSBTS. Cooke, McCartney, Adele, Preston ...........?

Poor :fishing:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The atmosphere was more of a low level murmur with two or three loud "Albions" thrown in for my money. A lot of chants that were started just never took off and so we fall back on the good old staple - Albion, Albion. When we're all braying together it's a real cauldron of noise, but sadly it was few and far between last night. The Oscar and Leo chants are just too long to sustain volume beyond the first line or two, whereas something short and repetitive like the 'barmy army' has a better chance (although it's football we're watching, not cricket and 'Blue army, blue army' slightly overlapping would surely be better)

Could do with a few chants that go on for 5 or 10 minutes at a time [na na na na na na na na na na na na (the tune to Johnny Comes Marching Home) , Tony Bloom's Blue And White Army :clap::clap::clap::clap: , etc]

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Oh dear. Oh dear. Oh dear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here