Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warnock/March

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
How was Warnock's high boot into March's face not a red ?

When Ulloa did a very similar thing last season he got a straight red.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
the answer to the OP would be mr Darren Deadman.....possibly the most card happy official in circulation but also the most inconsistent.....see he was happy to book inigo again , what was that for.....farting...??

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It wasn't identical to the Ulloa one anyway. Ulloa had leapt completely off the floor to try and control the ball, and should have seen the defender and adjusted accordingly. Warnock was attempting to clear a high bouncing ball (one foot still on the ground) and March appeared from the side to nod it on.

Yellow card was a fair decision

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
the answer to the OP would be mr Darren Deadman.....possibly the most card happy official in circulation but also the most inconsistent.....see he was happy to book inigo again , what was that for.....farting...??
I thought the yellow for Calde was fair. He was a fraction late in the tackle and caught Austin. Right in front of me so a good view. Would have been disappointed if it had been on one of ours and there had been no yellow.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
It wasn't identical to the Ulloa one anyway. Ulloa had leapt completely off the floor to try and control the ball, and should have seen the defender and adjusted accordingly. Warnock was attempting to clear a high bouncing ball (one foot still on the ground) and March appeared from the side to nod it on.

Yellow card was a fair decision

This.

Thought the ref was excellent tonight ... compared to some of the shockers we've had this season.

Disagree, he never played the advantage and on occasions when either side actually won the ball, the ref blew for a foul.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I thought the yellow for Calde was fair. He was a fraction late in the tackle and caught Austin. Right in front of me so a good view. Would have been disappointed if it had been on one of ours and there had been no yellow.

fair enough guv.......cheers for that..!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I think the yellow for Warnock was reasonable. He quite clearly wasn't going for the player, it was just one of those things.

Similarly with Calderon. He tripped the bloke. Admittedly there wasn't a lot of contact, but it was a yellow card all day.

I did find it frustrating how many times Leeds players hit the turf as a result of lightweight challenges, but then again there were a couple of more robust ones that looked clear fouls, so perhaps karma was working.

EastUpperSeagull

Jul 3, 2013
He was ok. The Leeds players were very canny and kept grabbing at our players necks (weirdly a large amount) on his blindside. Luckily no big decisions as he did seem like he might bottle them.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Caldy's yellow was deserved. People may be confused by the way Austin screamed in pain after the slight trip, which was laughable play acting, but it was a foul and a yellow.

Yellow was fair for Warnock, too.

And he did play the advantage, there was one humorous moment in the game where he was yelling long and loud for leeds to play on.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Caldy's yellow was deserved. People may be confused by the way Austin screamed in pain after the slight trip, which was laughable play acting, but it was a foul and a yellow.

Yep.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I did find it frustrating how many times Leeds players hit the turf as a result of lightweight challenges

Agreed. Could not believe how easily some of them were going down, and the ref was falling for it. I thought we were supposed to be Southern softies?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here