Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings v Leeds

Stumpy Tim

PIG - 6.5. Did what he had to do well.
Calde - 7. Typical Calde
Ward - 7.5. Recovered well from some awful early crossing
Greer - 7. With Upson, kept McCormack very quiet
Upson - 7. With Greer, kept McCormack very quiet
Ince - 9. Just a BEAST. Horrible to play against, & premier league quality already
Orlandi - 5. The biggest disappointment. Not a central midfielder IMO
Stephens - 6.5. Let down by Orlandi, so had to cover more ground than he should have to
D-Rod - 6.5. Biggest threat in 1st half, though not saying much
March - 6.5. Poor first half, good second half
Ulloa - 6.5. Not the Ulloa we love, but excellent finish

Lua Lua - 8.5. Changed the game

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
PIG - 6.5. Did what he had to do well.
Calde - 7. Typical Calde
Ward - 7.5. Recovered well from some awful early crossing
Greer - 7. With Upson, kept McCormack very quiet
Ince - 9. Just a BEAST. Horrible to play against, & premier league quality already
Orlandi - 5. The biggest disappointment. Not a central midfielder IMO
Stephens - 6.5. Let down by Orlandi, so had to cover more ground than he should have to
D-Rod - 6.5. Biggest threat in 1st half, though not saying much
Ulloa - 6.5. Not the Ulloa we love, but excellent finish

Lua Lua - 8.5. Changed the game

Pretty much agree with all of those. I'd probably give Ward an 8 though, very much an underrated player in our team me thinks, despite a couple of his crosses in the first half being very wayward.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
PIG - 8 - Solid
Calde - 7. Thought he would struggle after early booking but was good
Ward - 7.
Greer - 8. MOM
Upson - 7.
Ince - 7.5
Orlandi - 5. Not central midfielder and either tired or lazy
Stephens - 6.
D-Rod - 6.
March - 6. Potential but end product seriously lacking at the moment
Ulloa - 6.

Lua Lua - 7.5 Changed the game

I was a bit surprised he didn't change the team from Saturday as we have a lot of players coming back from fitness, lacking experience or new. We got away with it because of LuaLua and because they were crap.

We cannot get away with playing Orlandi in that role many more times. How many times before LuaLua came on did we look clueless in the final 3rd?

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I thought March was outstanding tonight. IMO Buckley needs to put a serious shift in to win back his place.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Not sure about Ince tonight. Was surprised he got Man of the Match. Personally I would have given MOM to either Upson or Calderon.

I think we are expecting great things from Ince a bit too soon. He is very young and he is going to have some inconsistency, tonight I thought he deserved a 7.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Not sure about Ince tonight. Was surprised he got Man of the Match. Personally I would have given MOM to either Upson or Calderon.

I think we are expecting great things from Ince a bit too soon. He is very young and he is going to have some inconsistency, tonight I thought he deserved a 7.

A 7? Each to his/her own opinion I guess.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
A 7? Each to his/her own opinion I guess.

This is what I mean when I say we are expecting to much of him. I'm talking about me as much as everybody else. I thought his first touch was poor tonight and his passing was not as good as it has been. Still, if a defensive midfielder playing the role he does gets a 7 every game I doubt too many would complain.

Stripes01

Feb 10, 2014
PIG - 7 Did what he had to do well.
Calde - 7. Typical Calde
Ward - 7 Recovered well from some awful early crossing - much better than last few games
Greer - 8. vast improvement from last 3 games - led like a captain again and kept McCormack very quiet
Orlandi - 7.5. plenty of good short and quick passes and movement, neat with it too
Stephens - 6.5. better than other games so far, beginning to settle and gain understanding of team-mates - but all too often caught in possession- much improvement needed
D-Rod - 7. Biggest threat in 1st half,
Ulloa - 8 almost back to the Ulloa we know - been getting better and better recently not far away now - excellent finish again!

Lua Lua - 8 just gave the team that little bit more impetus to go for the 3 points
Tracy obika - 6 but too little time to shine

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
PIG - 7.5 Always in the right place at the right time - solid
Calde - 6.5 Not enough crosses, gave away free kicks too often.
Ward - 6 Some truly awful crosses but steady
Greer - 7. Steady game
Upson - 7. Steady game
Monster - 8. Neat, tidy and dangerous at times, developing well.
Orlandi - 5. Dull against Donny and dull tonight
Stephens - 6. Did o.k yet to be convinced
Rodney - 6.5. Good pace but his passing is poor and it would be nice to see him in more dangerous positions taking shots.
March - 8.5. Wow. He has got some pretty special skills in his locker. Lacks outright pace but looked special tonight.
Ulloa - 7. Won us the game with a special finish but his all round game is yet to return

Lua Lua - 8. Our best game changer did it again? But will he forever be on the bench?
Buckers - 6. Nice to see him get a run. Some neat touches to waste time at the end.
Obika - 6. No chance to shine

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I thought March was outstanding tonight. IMO Buckley needs to put a serious shift in to win back his place.

when fit buckley is class , march is still learning and has a long way to go before he can challenge buckley for his place

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Kusczack 7
Calderon 6
Greer 7
Upson 8
Ward 6
Stephens 6
Ince 9 what a player
Orlandi 7
March 6
Rodriguez 6
Ulloa 7

LuaLua 7
Buckley 5
Obika -

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Don't underestimate how much Orlandi is doing off the ball. He is the captain on the front line and has been coaching Solly March throughout. Solly is learning so much from him and that is why he can start with confidence. The skill of Calderon, Orlandi and March down that wing in the second half was sublime. Kazenga then came on and it was like an explosion.

March will play for England!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Pig 7
Calderon 7
Greer 8
Upson 7
Ward 7.5
Ince 9
Stevens 6.5
Orlandi 6
March 8
Rodriguez 7
Ulloa 7

Lua Lua 8
Buckley 7
Obika 6.5

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Don't underestimate how much Orlandi is doing off the ball. He is the captain on the front line and has been coaching Solly March throughout. Solly is learning so much from him and that is why he can start with confidence. The skill of Calderon, Orlandi and March down that wing in the second half was sublime. Kazenga then came on and it was like an explosion.

Night, night Solly.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

^^^ Good post. In the first half Orlandi was orchestrating things between himself, March and D-Rod.

March did some awesome skills in the first half, he just lacked a final product. Very promising but we're still lacking something in the final 3rd. It will come though.......

Without a doubt Kaz was the game changer - he scared the shit out of them every time he got near the ball

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Great game. Best I have seen at the Amex for a long time. Top marks to almost 2000 Leeds supporters for coming all the way to the south coast on a Tuesday night.

Kuszczack 8. Handling of crosses very assured. Distribution much improved.
Calderon 7. Good game. Great to have him back in the team.
Greer 6. Big improvement over the past couple of games, but still a few too many misplaced passes.
Upson 8. Solid as usual.
Ward 6. Strong in defense. Crossing improved after woeful period in 1st half.
Stephens 5. Still not sure about him. Not strong enough in the tackle on a couple of occasions.
Ince 8. Very good game again.
Orlandi 6. OK, but way off his best.
Rodrigues 6. Still finding his feet, I guess. An OK performance.
March 8. Some great stuff from the kid. Excellent ball control, but final ball still sometimes lacking whether a cross or a shot. Was surprised to see him playing more centrally.
Ulloa 7. Improving with every game. Best performance since his return from injury. Well taken goal.

Subs:
Lua Lua 8. Super sub. Changed the game. Great cross for the goal.
Buckley 5. Will obviously take him a while to get back up to speed/fitness. Looked a shadow of the player we know and love.
Obika. Not on long enough.

Manager 8 for retaining an attacking formation and making positive substitutions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here