Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What in the name of Dickens is happening in the Bennett's field car park tonight?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
No stewarding, carnage in the car park, still have barely moved after 50 minutes and tempers are being frayed with some kamikaze manoeuvres albeit at 3 MPH!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Final whistle - CP1 @ Uni - straight out - home in my western outpost at 22:30.

Happy days.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Back indoors by 2205 and live in Shoreham, we have a great parking space

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
There were plenty od Stewards at the entrance to the ground, where all the buses go out, but no of them were doing anything. Everything was just left to it own. At one point busses could not get in becuase they had not left the netrance free as all the red lights where on.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Back home by 10.20 and we were parked in the field, but probably one of the first cars out.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
No stewarding, carnage in the car park, still have barely moved after 50 minutes and tempers are being frayed with some kamikaze manoeuvres albeit at 3 MPH!

As he wrote Hard Times in that very field not Great Expectations, what do you expect?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I don't understand it myself. From my seat in WSU I say see the car park entrance and from 75 minutes there was a steady stream of cars leaving. How could there possibly be any left at 90mins???....

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Was speaking to a chap in the train queue who was making his first trip to the Amex and he was really impressed with the train service to Lewes. Home in bexhill before some leave Bennett s field somethings not right.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Took us just over an hour to get out of the car park tonight, I was a bit annoyed when we got to the exit and counted 7 stewards standing around doing nothing while the car park was in chaos.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
15 minutes wait for the Race Hill is a new record and the stewards at the Racecourse were very helpful and they were pushing cars which were struggling to get out (mine included).

Took an hour to get home though.....mainly because Alfriston is flooded, yet my little car still got through !!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Can't see why there are so many complaints. There are how many cars in that car park? And one exit. How many stewards do you think it would require to manage every single row to prevent queue jumpers?

I've taken an hour to get away from the car park at Reading before, but I knew beforehand it was going to take ages, so I just switched the engine off and waited. Perhaps it's the users' expectations that are too high.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Can't see why there are so many complaints. There are how many cars in that car park? And one exit. How many stewards do you think it would require to manage every single row to prevent queue jumpers?

I've taken an hour to get away from the car park at Reading before, but I knew beforehand it was going to take ages, so I just switched the engine off and waited. Perhaps it's the users' expectations that are too high.

It allways takes a while to get out of there and you expect it and accept it but tonight was the worst we've known.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The appalling conditions last night are my fault im afraid.

The stewards found TOM,resulting in chaos.Thankfully they have not yet discovered HARRY,mostly due to X and some sterling work by the Escape Committee.

We are still on track for a mass break out early next season but urgently need goon(steward) uniforms,rations and above all a plan.

Committee Minutes

Giving up and going home by train will no longer be considered by the escape Committee as a Home Run.

The committee has yet to find a suitable answer to the question raised by expert spoon digger Wee Jock "the stereotype" McIves being,............How many goons does it take to guard a traffic cone?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here