Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest on Kevin Pieterson

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Big rumours on twitter than only Cook and Prior wanted him out.Broad is furious KP is not in his t20 squad and rumour is dressing room is close to a mutiny against Cook...:eek:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Absolute lunacy, not having your best player at the tournament for the format that he enjoys the most.

Can see this blowing up big time and getting nasty with the crowds turning on cook in a big way.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Cook can't manage Pietersen. Vaughan and Strauss could. The English game is run by people who have no idea of what is needed to thrive in the modern game. Dominic Cork was on TalkSport the other day and he said that when Pietersen was at Hampshire, he always tried to involve him in stuff on the field. He was the best player he had, so why not get him involved. I get the impression that Cook maybe sees it as a sign of weakness if he doesn't do everything his way.

It's all a bit of a mess at the moment.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Absolute lunacy, not having your best player at the tournament for the format that he enjoys the most.

The whole thing also undermines Broad as the 20/20 captain. He spoke a few weeks ago about wanting Pietersen there and is then excluded from the meeting where everyone else decides they don't want him selected, despte the fact that Broad's captain of the only team that something important coming up

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
If Prior is anti KP , I must have got him all wrong as he comes across as a decent if dull (don't get his book) bloke, not a two-faced cry baby.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Cook can't manage Pietersen. Vaughan and Strauss could. The English game is run by people who have no idea of what is needed to thrive in the modern game. Dominic Cork was on TalkSport the other day and he said that when Pietersen was at Hampshire, he always tried to involve him in stuff on the field. He was the best player he had, so why not get him involved. I get the impression that Cook maybe sees it as a sign of weakness if he doesn't do everything his way.

Er…..Strauss could manage KP? Wasn't the tail end of his career basically destroyed by KP?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Twitter can be a horrible place. Rumours quickly become accepted fact. It's clear that Cook has a problem with KP, but it only helps Piers Morgan is Prior is drawn into the affair.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Big rumours on twitter than only Cook and Prior wanted him out.Broad is furious KP is not in his t20 squad and rumour is dressing room is close to a mutiny against Cook...:eek:

How come Broad was not furious when Pietersen played no part in the international T20 series against Australia ? I can't find the exact stats as to whether KP was not selected initially in the squad in October or whether he withdrew himself from the series. either way " The Best Batsman in The World " played no part in the last ODI or T20 series. No fuss made then ?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
he's definitely not a decent bloke

Well I probably wouldn't choose to go for a beer with prior but if he had a problem with KP i don't see him being so two faced.
He has openly supported kp in the media

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Both Strauss and Vaughan were established England players before KP entered the fray and both older than him. Cook is younger and made his debut after KP. Maybe KP had more respect for his elder peers and hasn't given the same to the younger captain, especially when KP wasn't a great success as Captain himself.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
If Prior is anti KP , I must have got him all wrong as he comes across as a decent if dull (don't get his book) bloke, not a two-faced cry baby.

Prior's a diplomat, I knew him as youngster and that's his nature - some might find that 2 faced but let's not forget he was instrumental in getting Pietersen back involved in the first place.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Done some checking, his last T20 for England was the 2nd match against New Zealand on 27th June 2013 , selected but did not bat due to abandonment of match. Previous to that he wasn't either picked or available for the ICC Champions Trophy final against India on 23rd June 2013. His absence should hardly have caused " Fury " at this point in time.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks

Let's be honest, Strauss retired so he didn't have to manage Pietersen - as you would if someone was actively acting against you and the team you captain. The number of people who can't work with Pietersen seems ever growing, I think the problem is him.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Let's be honest, Strauss retired so he didn't have to manage Pietersen - as you would if someone was actively acting against you and the team you captain. The number of people who can't work with Pietersen seems ever growing, I think the problem is him.

Strauss retired becasue he wasn't good enough to play Test Match cricket any more. A fact both he and KP were painfully aware of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here