Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another baby killed by dog tragedy-why do people play Russian roulette with their kids?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
To me no different from aiming a gun at their children, with odds of say 1 in 10, 000 of going off loaded when trigger pulled. Utter fools.

RIP little one.

Blackburn baby girl killed by 'American pit bull-type' pet dog

Ava-Jayne Corless was mauled while her mother Chloe King was downstairs .

An 11-month-old baby girl was killed by an "American pit bull-type" dog while asleep upstairs in bed, police said.

Ava-Jayne Marie Corless was taken to hospital from Emily Street, Blackburn, at 23:00 GMT on Monday where she died.

The baby's mother Chloe King, 20, and her boyfriend have been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter. They were downstairs when she was attacked.

Ava-Jayne was not at her home address but lived nearby. The pet, classed as a dangerous dog, has been destroyed.

Flowers left in Emily Street, Blackburn Tributes have been left for baby Ava-Jayne in Emily Street, Blackburn which has been cordoned off
Ms King and her 26-year-old boyfriend Lee Wright, who is not the child's father, are also being questioned on suspicion of child neglect.

'Horrific incident'

A post-mortem examination will take place to find out the exact cause of Ava's death.

During a press conference, Ch Supt Chris Bithell said the dog was an "American pit bull-type" which came under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991.

Mr Bithell said: "This is an absolutely horrific incident in which a baby girl has lost her life."

Police were first alerted by the ambulance service who were called to reports of the girl being mauled by a pet dog.

Tests will now be carried out to establish the exact breed.

"I'm told it's quite a large pit bull-type dog," Mr Bithell said.

"As part of the investigation we are making inquiries to see whether there have been previous issues with this particular dog," he added.

Police forensic officers arrive at a house in Emily Street, Blackburn Forensic officers are examining the house in Emily Street, Blackburn, where 11-month-old Ava-Jayne Marie Corless was killed by the dog
No-one else was injured during the attack.

A neighbour, who did not want to be named, said: "She was a lovely little girl, always smiling, always happy, just like her mum.

"It's sickened me to my stomach."

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cue all the inevitable "but my pit bull is a soppy, lovable old thing who is great with kids and would never hurt a fly".

Sorry, but its an animal with large teeth and powerful jaws, and its only got to "flip" once, for a split second. Theres no way on earth I would ever have one of those things anywhere near a child of mine. Ever.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
They say that all dogs can turn killer but in practice most breeds don't. It all comes back to the same old " Pit Bull " types as being the usual initiators when ever a tragedy like this occurs. When you see the typical thug trying to hold back his wheezing straining Pit Bull derivative I always see another tragedy waiting to happen.
Dress it up any way you like when you see one of those thickset, bowlegged, stocky and evil eyed monsters coming towards you, you know the owner hasn't bought it and named it Satan for its ability to play with kids.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I thought Pit Bulls were on the banned list.

Why would any normal human being want to own one of these things?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I love dog owners (normally those dogs which look like Scooby doo) who say, when Killer bounds over at 30mph, 'He won't hurt' Yes Mate. He won't hurt you because you feed killer 6 oz rump steaks every day.

He may decide I am a threat to his steak lifestyle and decide to maul me or my children.

Anyway, reminded me of this faked up magazine.

Attachments

• Dog bore.jpg
    Dog bore.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 748

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Oh good, the anti-dog brigade are out in force. Just because 1 breed of vicious dog attacks a child - doesnt mean they all do.

Pitbulls are dangerous and are prone to attack people. It also depends on how you treat a dog. If you are nasty to it, chances are it will attack, but if you treat it well, it is less likely to.

RIP to the Child though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I love dog owners (normally those dogs which look like Scooby doo) who say, when Killer bounds over at 30mph, 'He won't hurt' Yes Mate. He won't hurt you because you feed killer 6 oz rump steaks every day.

He may decide I am a threat to his steak lifestyle and decide to maul me or my children.

Anyway, reminded me of this faked up magazine.

I posted that on my Facebook wall not so long ago. It is HILARIOUS. :thumbsup:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Awful tragedy. Point of fact though, Golden Retrievers attack more children that pitbulls or Staffies do. I plain wouldn't leave a kid alone with a dog whatever breed it was though, ****ing idiots.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Awful tragedy. Point of fact though, Golden Retrievers attack more children that pitbulls or Staffies do. I plain wouldn't leave a kid alone with a dog whatever breed it was though, ****ing idiots.
That statistic doesn't mean anything, unless we know how many Golden Retrievers and how many pitbulls live with families with small children.

Otherwise it's like saying more people die in car accidents than die in combine harvester accidents.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
That statistic doesn't mean anything, unless we know how many Golden Retrievers and how many pitbulls live with families with small children.

Otherwise it's like saying more people die in car accidents than die in combine harvester accidents.

I see what you mean but put it this way then, Golden Retriever's are more prone to attacking children and other smaller animals than most breeds, including Pitbulls. Fiercely territorial and unpredictable. You shouldn't even really have dogs near kids without you being very close too, it takes less than a second for a dog to deliver a fatal bite to a baby or toddler.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

Well said. I had a dog when my kids were small but I never left them alone with it.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I see what you mean but put it this way then, Golden Retriever's are more prone to attacking children and other smaller animals than most breeds, including Pitbulls. Fiercely territorial and unpredictable. You shouldn't even really have dogs near kids without you being very close too, it takes less than a second for a dog to deliver a fatal bite to a baby or toddler.

Where is the proof to back that up ? My family have solely had Golden Retrievers and they have never once attacked anyone. As i said, how you treat the dog is a major factor in whether it attacks or not.

That said, dogs shouldnt be around small children/babies anyway.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I love dog owners (normally those dogs which look like Scooby doo) who say, when Killer bounds over at 30mph, 'He won't hurt'
Came across one of those when out for a walk near Herstmonceux a few weeks back. Said dog then bit my mate on the ankle.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Where is the proof to back that up ? My family have solely had Golden Retrievers and they have never once attacked anyone. As i said, how you treat the dog is a major factor in whether it attacks or not.

That said, dogs shouldnt be around small children/babies anyway.

Yes, very true, however I don't know how to break this to you but I didn't actually say ALL Golden Retriever's attack.

I came to find out this info as I had a girlfriends for a time whose parents had a retriever, very well raised indeed, then it took it upon itself to kill next doors cat and then the new house cat. A few years later I went out with a vet and mentioned this to her she said yes, they are a known breed for attacks.

Now unfortunately I cannot contact the ex's parent to verify this or get my vet ex on to come on here but I will say I believe a qualified vet over the experience your family may have had.

Believe it or don't believe it, I care not a jot and it doesn't change the fact that it's true.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Pitbulls are dangerous and are prone to attack people. It also depends on how you treat a dog. If you are nasty to it, chances are it will attack, but if you treat it well, it is less likely to..

Yeah, that poor girl shouldn't have provoked it by being fast asleep, everyone knows that that really goads those ****wit pets

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The mother and her boyfriend are being questioned on suspicion of child neglect. Maybe if the child hadn't been left alone with the dog (which has since been destroyed) they would both still be here.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Came across one of those when out for a walk near Herstmonceux a few weeks back. Said dog then bit my mate on the ankle.

The owner should therefore be charged with ABH or whatever a person would be if he/she had bitten your mate. Might just send a message to all those dog owners who don't control their dogs to be more responsible!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here