Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
cms-l229-1340395_478x359.jpg

Mackail-Smith played 50 minutes against Crystal Palace for Albion's under-21s

PUBLISHED
15:02 11th February 2014
by Luke Nicoli
The birth of my daughter has also occupied my time – and certainly helped put things into perspective for me"
CMS
Craig Mackail-Smith admits to treating every day in football as his last, following his Achilles injury, which has ruled him out of first-team action for the best part of a year.The striker is now on the comeback trail, having played in two under-21 games recently, but his time on the sidelines has given him plenty of food for thought.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “To take away something I love doing has been a really big eye opener. I now treat every day in football as if it’s my last one and enjoy it as much as I can.
“It’s also made me tougher mentally. The birth of my daughter has also occupied my time – and certainly helped put things into perspective for me.”
oscar-l229-1148225.jpg

Macca is also looking forward to working with Oscar Garcia and believes he is well suited to the head coach’s style of play.
“It will be good to find out where he sees my role in the team and what he wants from me. Training is very good though; Oscar likes to get the ball down but he gets the ball forward quicker, pressing high, which suits me.”
Read more from Macca’s interview in Tuesday’s award-winning matchday programme, Seagull, priced £3.50.
UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES

Albion v Leeds United:
Tuesday 11th February, kick-off 7.45pm
Albion v Hull City (FA Cup):
Monday 17th February, kick-off 7.45pm
Albion v Wigan Athletic:
Saturday 22nd February, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here