Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Never

Votes: 13 27.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I heard somewhere that they don't expect one this year due to the amount of rainfall that has topped up resevoirs etc.

So i'll aim for August...2015.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
No option for next week then?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
September after 3 months of no rain , the reservoirs will only be 90% full by then.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
http://news.sky.com/story/1209623/uk-floods-could-last-months-scientist-warns

This story shows that for example at Chilgrove on the chalk on Sussex the groundwater levels are at an historically high level. The 'normal' rhythm is for rain in winter to top them up and then dry summers... it's been dry winters over the past 10 years that were the key cause of summer water shortages.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Mine was confiscated on Saturday. No hosepipes, no smoke bombs, no flares . . . Football is no fun anymore.

Didn't they believe you had a genital abnormality ?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I heard somewhere that they don't expect one this year due to the amount of rainfall that has topped up resevoirs etc.

This... I heard somewhere this summer will be safe and next too... but if we don't have much rain (fat chance) from now on the next draught would be likely to be 2016... 2015 if the rain stops now until then

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

August 2015 at the very earliest, probably mid-late summer 2016 to be honest. Ground level water is at an all time high and even with below average water this Autumn we can splash away quite merrily.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Should there be one I'll be ignoring it (sneakily obviously), after all this rain they can truly f off :smile:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Dont forget that although we've had a hell of a lot of rainfall lately doesnt mean we're sorted for the next few years.

yes the reservoirs are full to capacity, but all the excess will go so you're still left with the same capacity in each reservoir. the problem lies with all the new build thats going on thats drawing from the same capacity reservoirs that served us ok years ago.

also , where the new towns and cities are popping up that then becomes hardstanding where the rain does not get back through to the water table and ends up running off to cause a lot of the flooding. it's catch 22 i'm afraid.

To build new infrastructure would costs millions so wouldn' t be an option. Water companies will turn to water efficiency and look to educate the customer into not using less , but wasting less.

Water is a cheap commodity compared to gas and electric so people tend to waste more of it. this will change with compulsory metering.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Should there be one I'll be ignoring it (sneakily obviously), after all this rain they can truly f off :smile:

Problem is I have a water meter now so less keen on spending money using a hose!

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Will the water authoritys now drop their rates? When we have hose pipe bans and them saying we're running out of water they ramp up the prices.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here