Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

prince Charles and Camila (the future king and queen) visit BBC radio

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Perhaps you're unfamiliar with how our monarchy works? It's not a popularity contest.

Didn't say it was. If Brenda hang on for 10 more years, Chas may well not still be around. Even if he was, he'd be over 75 and I think he would be "advised" to give it a miss and pass it straight on to Wills.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Didn't say it was. If Brenda hang on for 10 more years, Chas may well not still be around. Even if he was, he'd be over 75 and I think he would be "advised" to give it a miss and pass it straight on to Wills.

It's not like the England Captaincy just handed around willy nilly this is our head of state we are talking about. Charles is obliged to do it, and he will, he's been preparing for it for long enough and a great king he will make too although he has got big shoes to fill :bowdown:.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
It's not like the England Captaincy just handed around willy nilly this is our head of state we are talking about. Charles is obliged to do it, and he will, he's been preparing for it for long enough and a great king he will make too although he has got big shoes to fill :bowdown:.

Of course he's not obliged to do it, and if he can't just step aside, he can take it and abdicate immediately. He has a life that he enjoys, it's far too late to change all that - even his mother no longer does a full schedule any more. I don't care less either way, just never thought he'd be king. I quite like Camilla though, much better than the air-head serial bimbo Diana.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Nothing wrong with that lot that a fully loaded Kalashnikov wouldn't put right!!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
As money grabbing land thieves go, Charles & Camilla are fairly tolerable. That William just appears to be a grinning, hand waving gonk with no personality whatsoever and his cardboard wife is ghastly. Mind you , what sort of personality are you likely to have considering when you are born somebody says "Here'e everything".

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Even if he was, he'd be over 75 and I think he would be "advised" to give it a miss and pass it straight on to Wills.
Advised by someone who didn't want to keep their job perhaps. If 75 was such a bad age to be king, then surely they'll be advising his mum to pass it on. Nonsense. It's his birth right, and an incredible honour - I can't imagine him wanting to pass up that because some idiot advises him against it.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
this thread is mental. so when the queen who is nearly 90 dies charles may be advised to abdicate because he is in his 70s? yeah alright.

also the fact that charles is becoming more and more the de facto head of state at least for public events as deliberate palace policy, while the queen drastically cuts down her workload. its already started. i cant believe people come out with all this stuff.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

IF he abdicated, the crown would go to Andrew as you abdicate for your line, not just yourself.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
IF he abdicated, the crown would go to Andrew as you abdicate for your line, not just yourself.

I don't think many republicans would mind this, Andy is so unpopular that, hopefully the whole sorry system would have to join the rest of us in the 21st century. If we did skip Charles, doesn't this mean that the accident of birth argument becomes null and void, if you can replace a head of state cos they dont fancy the gig or us subjects dont think they are good enough for the job.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I don't think many republicans would mind this.

But you would risk this becoming queen
337069360-29040356.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

He WILL become kng even for only 30 sec unless the queen outlives him. If he then abdicates it will go to the next in line which is William. The only way Andrew can become king is if Charles, William,George, and Harry die before the quen or so I was told on visit to the Tower last year by theo official guide when somebody asked about Andrew becoming king. At the time George hadnt been born but I have added him as a direct heir after William.

If this wrong then obviously the guide has got it wrong but I would assume that he has been asked the question before and has the correct official answer.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
He
He WILL become kng even for only 30 sec unless the queen outlives him. If he then abdicates it will go to the next in line which is William. The only way Andrew can become king is if Charles, William,George, and Harry die before the quen or so I was told on visit to the Tower last year by theo official guide when somebody asked about Andrew becoming king. At the time George hadnt been born but I have added him as a direct heir after William.

With any luck the country will come to it's senses by the time George would be on the throne.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Royal parasites.

research the families links to peado's, and also how much land on the planet they own.

Some will keep on waving flags and singing allegience to these inbred spongers.

The pic above is more horse than human.

Last edited:

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Royal parasites.

research the families links to peado's, and also how much land on the planet they own.

Some will keep on waving flags and singing allegience to these inbred spongers.

I think you protest too much, perhaps your describing yourself.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here