Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] David Encouraged by Start

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
davidt229-1352818_478x359.jpg

David being interviewed ahead of the Leeds game

David Rodriguez is enjoying the English game and has been invigorated by what he has experienced so far in his first two matches.The Spaniard made his full debut against Doncaster at the weekend, after his appearance off the bench a week earlier at Watford, and the forward says the action is non-stop in the Championship.
“One of the most impressive aspects is the intensity and how it never stops, there is always a lot of action," he told seagulls.co.uk. “Overall it gives me great encouragement for the future and I feel I can fit in quite well.
“I really enjoyed the stadium on Saturday, it was a great atmosphere and personally I felt really good.
“I felt we played really well and I was happy with the victory. I think I can continue going forward and give better performances in the future.”
kaz-l229-1282206.jpg

David and Kazenga are both blessed with explosive pace
The former Celta Vigo man’s electric pace was evident against Rovers on Saturday but the 27-year-old admitted he is still looking for improvements in his overall game.
“It was an ability [pace] I found I had early on and I have worked on it. I think it is very important to have this skill on the pitch as it creates a whole new dimension to my play.
“It has been a quality of mine that has been one of the biggest attributes. I have always been one of the fastest at the clubs I have been at before and here LuaLua is also really fast.
“But it isn’t the only thing I should focus on, I have lots to improve on especially my scoring rates.”
dr229-1352822.jpg

David says he wants to improve his strike rate
Prior to joining Albion, David had found first team chances limited at Celta, a reason he has highlighted for his switch to England.
“There wasn’t any reason for not playing, I was training well and was actually very happy at Celta but I just didn’t have an opportunity to play and show how good I am. This is why I like being here at Brighton, in a completely new set-up and a new challenge.
“I actually train harder when I am out of the team simply because I feel I have to be ready if I am called upon, and to do my absolute best. I haven’t done anything special while not playing, I have just worked hard to keep up my fitness.”
UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES

Albion v Leeds United:
Tuesday 11th February, kick-off 7.45pm
Albion v Hull City (FA Cup):
Monday 17th February, kick-off 7.45pm
Albion v Wigan Athletic:
Saturday 22nd February, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here