NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Actual: 23112
:lolol: : 28794

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Help!!!

Not sure whether this competition is to guess those attending tonight's game ie those that are physically present in the ground. Or whether we are guessing the totally fictitious number that the club have plucked out of thin air to make it look like we have more fans physically present at matches than we actually do.

I don't mind that nice Mr Barber fiddling the numbers if it means we can charge sponsors / advertisers more. It's the lack of understanding of the English language, and the club's inability to use the language properly, that frustrates me.

Either announce the number as "tickets sold" or announce the true number of those in attendance. What is so difficult for the club to understand? Makes us look a bit tinpot.

Dec 19, 2011
Hove
Help!!!

Not sure whether this competition is to guess those attending tonight's game ie those that are physically present in the ground. Or whether we are guessing the totally fictitious number that the club have plucked out of thin air to make it look like we have more fans physically present at matches than we actually do.

I don't mind that nice Mr Barber fiddling the numbers if it means we can charge sponsors / advertisers more. It's the lack of understanding of the English language, and the club's inability to use the language properly, that frustrates me.

Either announce the number as "tickets sold" or announce the true number of those in attendance. What is so difficult for the club to understand? Makes us look a bit tinpot.

Bit unfair to say it's 'plucked out of thin air' or 'fiddling' the numbers, as you acknowledge yourself that it's tickets sold rather that actual people clicking through turnstiles.

Although I agree it's misleading to us, it's what every other big club does because they have to announce tickets sold for tax purposes.

The police record the real atttendance figures for crowd safety purposes, but refuse to release them to the public (I've asked!) It took a freedom of information request to get the police to announce the true Man Utd attendance, and the difference for staggering!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here