Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Using someone else season ticket

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
My brother coming along tonight as one of the season ticket holders in our group is sick. The ST holder lives too far to get hold of his actual ticket.

Will my brother be ok to go into shop and get a paper version of the ticket-are you able to do that?

Cheers

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Should be possible, but will carry an admin charge I believe. Also best to get there early.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
It is a £5 admin charge. Don't forget to have all details with him, like fan number, address etc.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/documents/club-charter-2013-14-final229-923648.pdf

6.12 Issue of Replacement Cards

Lost or stolen cards may be replaced at a charge of £25. On the day of a match, a duplicate ticket may be issued at the Club’s discretion for misplaced tickets/cards. The ticket/card will subsequently be cancelled for that match only. The duplicate ticket, if issued, will always take precedence. An initial non-refundable charge of £5 will be payable, with subsequent requests charged at £10.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It is a pity that there can't be a way of dealing with this sort of situation which would involve, for a small fee, the STH being sent a print-at-home one-match ticket, which he could forward at his own risk to his friend.

The club must do everything it can to deal with the large and increasing proportion of match day no-shows.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
It is a pity that there can't be a way of dealing with this sort of situation which would involve, for a small fee, the STH being sent a print-at-home one-match ticket, which he could forward at his own risk to his friend.

The club must do everything it can to deal with the large and increasing proportion of match day no-shows.

I'm sure barber knows more than you.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I suspect there's a difficult balance to find. Make it too easy and/or inexpensive and then it becomes far easier for season ticket holders to sell on tickets game by game. The grey market in tickets would then surely thrive and, with it, less match tickets would be bought from the club itself.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Will the club happily provide a replacement ticket for use by someone else - I've lent my ticket but always just handed over the card.

Their Terms and Conditions seem to expressly forbid this ???

3.1 Season Tickets are issued for your sole use and you shall not resell, assign or (save as set out in clause 3.2 below) transfer or lend the Season Ticket or the benefit of it to any other person without the prior written consent of the Club. The reference to reselling the Season Ticket includes reference to offering to sell a Season Ticket, exposing a Season Ticket for sale, making a Season Ticket available for sale by another and advertising that a Season Ticket is available for purchase. For the avoidance of doubt (and by way of example only) this Season Ticket may not be offered as a prize in any promotion or competition nor transferred, lent or sold to any third party as part of a hospitality or travel package, given to a third party who agrees to buy another good or service, or used for any other commercial purpose, save as expressly authorised by the PL or the Club.

3.2 You may only resell or transfer the Season Ticket to a Guest with the express written consent of the Club given at the Club's absolute discretion. No such resale or transfer will be permitted except where the same takes place in respect of an individual match and in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of a ticket to that Match and such transfer does not take place during the course of any business or for the purpose of facilitating any third party's business. Such resale or transfer to any Guest is hereby provided be subject to the Terms and Conditions of Entry which will (save for any rights to transfer under this clause) apply to that Guest as if he/she was the original purchaser of the Season Ticket (and you must inform the Guest of this).

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Will the club happily provide a replacement ticket for use by someone else - I've lent my ticket but always just handed over the card.

3.1 Season Tickets are issued for your sole use and you shall not resell, assign or (save as set out in clause 3.2 below) transfer or lend the Season Ticket or the benefit of it to any other person without the prior written consent of the Club. The reference to reselling the Season Ticket includes reference to offering to sell a Season Ticket, exposing a Season Ticket for sale, making a Season Ticket available for sale by another and advertising that a Season Ticket is available for purchase. For the avoidance of doubt (and by way of example only) this Season Ticket may not be offered as a prize in any promotion or competition nor transferred, lent or sold to any third party as part of a hospitality or travel package, given to a third party who agrees to buy another good or service, or used for any other commercial purpose, save as expressly authorised by the PL or the Club.

3.2 You may only resell or transfer the Season Ticket to a Guest with the express written consent of the Club given at the Club's absolute discretion. No such resale or transfer will be permitted except where the same takes place in respect of an individual match and in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of a ticket to that Match and such transfer does not take place during the course of any business or for the purpose of facilitating any third party's business. Such resale or transfer to any Guest is hereby provided be subject to the Terms and Conditions of Entry which will (save for any rights to transfer under this clause) apply to that Guest as if he/she was the original purchaser of the Season Ticket (and you must inform the Guest of this).

If they provide an e-ticket or a paper replacement does that constitute written consent, assuming you've told them that it's to transfer it to someone else?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

I would just make the point that either those T&Cs have changed since the stadium opened, OR the ticket manager himself and possibly others were saying the complete opposite when they were trying to get people to shell out for a ST at show-rounds.

I specifically went with the intention of asking that question and the Ticket Manager himself said that fans were at liberty to allow their cards to be used by friends/family at this stage, and that this would not change until such time as photo ID was brought in at the earliest (which it hasn't yet).

There is no doubt he said that, there were other witnesses, and it appears to be at odds with above rules.

Whether it is or it isn't the club would be stupid out of sheer greed for a few extra quid to start making a big fuss on this one and enforcing it, it would alienate a lot of fans for no good reason. For Christ's sake, they already have the ST money.

Mind you it wouldn't be the first time. They rolled over like puppies over the controlled zone parking issue instead of sticking up for proper Brighton fans, hoping to fill the car park at £15 a pop.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Isn't passing it on to a friend just the same as upgrading a child ticket to adult? I have to do this for most evening games and never have a problem, they obviously know it's for someone else. So why would it matter when switching tickets between adults?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Buy a ticket & sit in the 'wrong' seat, as a non ST holder he should not be able to gain access via a discounted ST rate, the club should get the £30 not the sick note

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I would just make the point that either those T&Cs have changed since the stadium opened, OR the ticket manager himself and possibly others were saying the complete opposite when they were trying to get people to shell out for a ST at show-rounds.

I specifically went with the intention of asking that question and the Ticket Manager himself said that fans were at liberty to allow their cards to be used by friends/family at this stage, and that this would not change until such time as photo ID was brought in at the earliest (which it hasn't yet).

There is no doubt he said that, there were other witnesses, and it appears to be at odds with above rules.

Whether it is or it isn't the club would be stupid out of sheer greed for a few extra quid to start making a big fuss on this one and enforcing it, it would alienate a lot of fans for no good reason. For Christ's sake, they already have the ST money.

Mind you it wouldn't be the first time. They rolled over like puppies over the controlled zone parking issue instead of sticking up for proper Brighton fans, hoping to fill the car park at £15 a pop.

If they provide an e-ticket or a paper replacement does that constitute written consent, assuming you've told them that it's to transfer it to someone else?

The club are well aware that people will, from time to time, give their season ticket to a friend of family member and they have no issue with this, despite what the Ts&Cs may indicate. Indeed, there are numerous people who have a 'season ticket share' which, technically, would not be permissible.

What the club do have an issue with is people buying a season ticket and then actively seeking to regularly sell on the ticket for games, taking advantage of the discount inherent with a season ticket purchase to under-cut the club's own official price for a one-off ticket.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The club are well aware that people will, from time to time, give their season ticket to a friend of family member and they have no issue with this, despite what the Ts&Cs may indicate. Indeed, there are numerous people who have a 'season ticket share' which, technically, would not be permissible.

What the club do have an issue with is people buying a season ticket and then actively seeking to regularly sell on the ticket for games, taking advantage of the discount inherent with a season ticket purchase to under-cut the club's own official price for a one-off ticket.

Indeed. And then not only that but using their time and admin to print out the ticket

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The T&Cs are there for a reason - doesn't mean the club have to enforce them all the time but means they have the option to if they think someone is abusing it. I've also upgraded my son's ticket to an adult ticket a few times - the uploading of the 'adult' ticket to the card plus the confirming email I get (and payment of the extra £20 of course) would probably count as 'express consent' as far as the T&C are concerned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here