Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TV Camera and South Stand

L

litmanen

Hi.

My question has to do with this topic:
http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?295355-South-Stand&p=6187814&posted=1

We were wondering why the club has chosen to place the visitor team fans at Amex to the left corner of the South Stand and the camera to the West Stand, because it means that everytime Brighton scores at that end, from the TV we can't see any Brighton-fans celebrating in the background. We can only see the visitor fans. A good example of this is the last game against Doncaster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O_E2h95Z7I

As you know, it was a great moment at the stadium when Ulloa finally scored, but from the TV camera you really can't see or feel any great atmosphere, because you don't see any Brighton-fans there... we only see the left corner of the South Stand, with the Doncaster-fans.

So my (our) question is, would it finally be possible to either place the visitor fans to the right corner of the South Stand, or move the camera from East Stand to the West Stand, so that we could see Brighton-fans cheering everytime Brighton scores? If it's not possible to make this change during this season anymore, how about next season at least? Im sure that you too wan't to make Brighton and the Amex look as good as possible.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Yes we want the stadium to look great on TV - but it is not quite as simple as that. Mainly, because what you are suggesting would cost a huge amount of money. Secondly, the stadium has been designed with a specific away area, with many factors being taken into consideration. Including ensuring our home fans have the best possible seats available to them on a regular basis (which I am sure you would agree is more important than how the stadium looks on TV if goals are scored at the south end); hence the fact that one end is an away end. Also, the camera location IS in the West Stand not the East Stand. First and foremost, it is located in the West Stand so it is shooting with the sun behind it, as shooting into the sun is not ideal. Also, all the media facilities are located on the west side of the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here